• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

drydens court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drydens court claim

hi

i have been on a lot of forums and have realised the people on here seem to know what they are talking about and are helpful
    So here goes

i have received a county court claim form from northampton county court ref mbna credit card debt .
    i was paying £1 month to arrow global then starting receiving letters from drydens i asked for a cca and got a letter back from drydens saying my account was on hold while they contact there client and they would inform me of the outcome, i was advised (by another forum) to stop the £1 payment as this could have been seen as an admission of guilt , so i did.

i received a letter of claim from drydens 4/11/2022
    stating the amount owed
    a statement of account is attached (it wasnt)
    and " theagreement this debt relates to was entered into between you and mbna on 28th september 2005 and assigned to arrow global guernsey limited on20 december 2011. a copy of the agreement can be requested using the reply form.

i received a letter from arrow 22/11 stating
    original agreement: credit card
    original creditor: mbna money
    affinity brand: virgin money
    date of original agreement: 28th september 2005
    original account number:54075808********
    date of assignment to arrow global guernsey limited : 20th december2011

and a statement of account showing £3900 outstanding

and now a county court claim form
    i have sent acknowledgement of service 16/1/23

i have still not received a cca

i need to send in a defence can you help me with this
    do i send a cpr 31.14 i cant get to it on this site it keeps saying error 404

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

Tags: None

link to CPR31.14 request: https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

Comment

hi
      my claim form only mentions this

1 the claim is for the sum of 3900 in respect of monies owing by the defendant on a credit agreement held by the defenedant with mbna under account no 5407 **** **** **** under which the defendant failed to maintain payments

2 a default notice was served upon the defendant and has not been complied with

3 the balance owed was assigned from mbna to the claimant, and the defendant has been notified by letter

contact drydensfairfax solicitors

what docs can i ask for
      there is no mention of cca do i ask for this even though i have already asked and didnt receive it

any help will be greatly appreciated

Comment

The claim mentions "credit agreement" " mbna ...account no 5407" " default notice" "assignment letter"

Ask for them all

Comment

thank you
          done it monday letter arrived to them tuesday havent heard back yet

if i dont get the info can you advise what i should put in my defence
          or if i can ask for more time

Comment

If they don't produce a copy of the CCA the debt will not be enforceable, so wait and see what, if anything, does materialise.
            Your defence will depend on what they send so wait until nearer the date before drafting it ..... just don't forget it

Comment

thank you

Comment

hi
                ive received a letter from drydens today stating

We acknowledge receipt of your request made under cpr 31.14 and confirm we are currently liasing with our client for the relevant documentation
                We confirm that upon receipt of the documents we agree to a further 28 day extension in accordance with cpr 15.5 order to file your defence
                We trust the above is in order should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact our office.

i need to enter my defence by tomorrow
                so do i still do that stating they have'nt supplied me with any documents or do i wait to see if they send anything

thank you

Comment

You need to notify the court that you have agreed a 28 day extention with the claimant as per CPR15.5
                  Agreement extending the period for filing a defence

15.5.—(1) The defendant and the claimant may agree to extend the period for filing a defence specified in rule 15.4 by up to 28 days.

(2) Where the defendant and the claimant agree to extend the period for filing a defence, the defendant must notify the court in writing.

Comment

Hi
                    Thank you for the reply
                    do i notify the court now or when i receive the documents

Comment

Hi
                      can i do it on MCOL, or do i email the court direct if so what email address do i send it to

Comment

Do it on MCOL now

Comment

Thank you
                          I did it last night
                          do i just wait for the docs to arrive now
                          i dont think they will be able to supply a cca as this is the second time i have requested it
                          is there a time limit for them supply them

Comment

Just wait for the documents to arrive (or not)
                            The time limit to respond to a SAR is 30 days
                            However you need to send a separate request for the CCA with a £1 postal order. (sorry, but should have mentioned this previously0
                            there is a template in the SHORT CUTS panel. If they can't supply a true copy of the CCA they cannot enforce the agreement in court
                            That document should be supplied within 12 days

Comment

Thank you
                              i sent a cca request 30/7/22 and didnt get one and asked again on 30/1/23 and got the reply above should i send another

i have also just received a letter from arrow global with default sums ref the same account
                              4/1/23 issue fees £205
                              4/1/23 issue costs £80
                              total default sums £285

what do i do about these

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X