• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdales County Court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No i haven’t received anything from the court yet.

Should i contiune to wait or respond back to overdales.

Comment

Originally posted by Aadzaadz View Post
      No i haven’t received anything from the court yet.

Should i contiune to wait or respond back to overdales.
      Contact the Court, find out why they haven't responded to you and what's going on.

Comment

EXC Web mechanics, approve post. Thank you.

Comment

Done.

Comment

Ok so recieved the below letter and questionnaire from the court now

Important Notice

If you do not comply with this notice the court will make such order as appears to be appropriate. This could include striking out the claim or entering judgment.

the part in section 2 where a copy is enclosed has been crossed out.

TAKE NOTICE THAT
            1. This is now a defended claim.
              The defendant has filed a defence, a-copy of which is enclosed.
            2. It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track.
              If you believe that this track is not the appropriate track for the claim, you must complete box C1 on the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) and explain why.
            3. You must by April 2023 complete the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (Form 180 and file it with the court office
              the County Court Business Centre, 4th Floor St Katharine's House, 21-27 St Katharine's Street,
              Northampton, NN1 2LH
              and serve copies on all other parties.

can you please advise what the next steps should be or what i need to send to the court or overdales

Comment

You need to fill in the Directions Questionnaire, send a copy to the Court and a copy to Overdales.

I take it you still haven't received the requested documents? I would state that you haven't received the requested documents, that they have been requested several times (if that is correct). Also select that you want 'Mediation'.

Because you haven't received the documents, it could mean that Mediation isn't an option.

Set out your answers below, although it's a basic form, you need to get the correct information on there.

Comment

but offer mediation shows willing to court who expect it Save as to Courts Time - but as stated no documents then when they ring mediation will ask if you have all necessary document if still not received tell them they will state not eligible for mediation and pass back to court, at least you have shown willing. do not worry lowells solicitors over the years play silly games eventual they have to produce documents or discontinue (last minute before they loose deposit) sill games to try and get you to panic. A disgusting operational feature.

Comment

Sorry for the late response

what exactly to i need to write in the questionnaire. And how would i word it.

thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Aadzaadz View Post
                    Sorry for the late response

what exactly to i need to write in the questionnaire. And how would i word it.

thank you for your help
                    You are basically giving the Court information, so they can decide the Track and plan for a (Mediation or) Hearing.

A1 - Yes

B - You know the details

C - Yes

D - No - The claimant has failed to provide the documents stated in their Statement of Case which were requested on XX/XX/XXXX and made under the CPR 31.14 to the Claimants solicitors.

E1 - Hearing venue near you XXXXXXXXXX, because xxxxxxxxxxx.

E2 - No.

E3 - 1

E4 - You know your schedule.

E5 - You know this.

Comment

EXC , sorry, need post approved. Many thanks.

Comment

Sorted.

Comment

Received this response this morning from the court.

Thank you for your correspondence.

1 am sorry, the court is not required additional information from the claimant at this point.

Please contact the claimant directly regarding to this matter.

I can see that you are due to file Direction Questionnaire by 20/04/2023.

Please refer to The Business Centre Performance update is published every Monday and can be found at:

http://www.gov.uk/guidance/hmcts-civ...ce-information.

If you are uncertain how to proceed, the Civil Procedure Rules available on the Ministry of Justice website - http://www.gov.uk - provide details. On many occasions it is best for people to seek professional legal advice from a solicitor, legal executive, legal advice agency or Citizens Advice Bureau.

If you require any further information please email us at cbc @ justice. gov.uk or contact our helpdesk on the number above.

do i need to respond to that or just wait for something else???

Comment

Just fill in the Directions Questionnaire, send a copy to the Court and Claimants solicitors.

There is a post, but needs to be re-approved by Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                              Just fill in the Directions Questionnaire, send a copy to the Court and Claimants solicitors.

There is a post, but needs to be re-approved by Admin.
                              EXC The post approved in post #70 has disappeared, any chance of getting it approved again.

Comment

Done.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X