• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest/Resolvecall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest/Resolvecall

Hey good people.. It's been a while

Having been here before a couple of times and received the help of you good people years back I'd like to think I had a little knowledge on how to deal with claims from these companies

Well, A few months ago out of the blue the wife received a letter from Capquest stating there was a debt of £1500 ish owed to them from a debt they bought from Shop Direct, No dates and no paperwork only to just make contact them. I ignored it as if there was such a debt it would be 10 years plus now since default if there was a debt at all as the wife states quite profusely that she has never had a catalogue debt.. After a few attempts by Capquest via mail and missed calls we received one last month to say it had been passed to Resolvecall. So though best to send the Statute Barred letter and to also state the Resolvecall had no permission to come to our home.. Well after maybe 2 weeks we received a response stating that "Thanks for our letter but to discuss with Resolvecall"

I know Resolvecall have little to no powers at all I'd just like to ask what maybe might be a sensible next move? Make contact with Capquest again or make contact with Resolvecall and give them the Statute Barred letter or just ignore?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

In the words of Lionel Richie "Hellooooooo"

Comment

Send the following template, amend to suit. Send it to both Resolvecall and Capquest, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...cover-debt-ew/

Comment

Already been this route, with the utmost respect did you read the post?

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
          Already been this route, with the utmost respect did you read the post?
          Oh, yes I did read it, but clearly Capquest are playing 'dumb'. You need to 'reinforce' the message that the 'debt' is statute barred and pursuing you is 'fruitless' and they gaining nothing in communicating with you.

You send the Statute Barred Letter as many times as you need to.

It's clearly up to you how you decide to proceed.

Comment

I see just keep sending the same letter as before, no adjustments you don't think?

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
              I see just keep sending the same letter as before, no adjustments you don't think?
              No adjustments (tried and tested), once you do something different, they get 'optimistic'. You want to dampen down their 'optimism', best way show them you are happy 'to bat them away', with the same message. It will 'sink' in.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X