• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Withheld evidence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withheld evidence

I need to write my witness statement for a hearing.
    As the events were upsetting a traumatic, part of it is a complete blank.
    I have submitted several SARs to the company and their legal representative for the CCTV of the incident (to help fill in the blanks, prompt memory, be truthful) and everything else.
    It has not been provided. (nor other 'paperwork')
    Other footage has been deleted by the defendant (a big company) after assurances it was all being kept until after the conclusion of a court case (hours after the incident).
    I needed all the paperwork for a summary bundle - not provided.
    Names of the perpetrators/witness - not provided
    I have written to the court to say the evidence has not been provided / destroyed - no reply

I am hoping the refusing of evidence and destruction will help me, however will it?
    I have a hearing over the phone.
    Have a missed a way for them to be forced to provide the cctv, internal investigations etc?

Many companies will not hand over everything with an SAR, is there a place to report them to?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Hi Disaster

The ICO has a online chat facility, that should give you relevant information on the company's data protection duty to provide data.

Comment

What kind of claim is this? e.g. County Court, Employment Tribunal.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

ICO?
        County court, multi track I think, civil case

Comment

Originally posted by disaster View Post
          ICO?
          County court, multi track I think, civil case
          Information Commissioners Office.

Comment

You will need to file an application to seek an order pursuant to the Data Protection Act 2018 SCH 2 Pt 1 5 (3)(a) stating that it is require to form evidence in the claim.

Use form N244 and pay the fee of £275.

You should also report them to the Information Commissioners Office.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hearing this morning which has been adjourned for me to put my case forward in person. (I was thrown out of a shop for being mask exempt however they would not accept the word 'exempt', 4 members of staff to one person with hidden disabilities)

Its gone/going to multi track no idea why I have to 'put my case forward'.
              Particulars of claim put in.
              They threw me out for not accepting the word 'exempt' which I understand they should
              As disabilities hidden presuming them are claiming I have none (I do, 2 legal firms willing to take the case but ran out of recourses for all the 100's of cases that flooded legal firms last year!)

ok n244
              so I put in "seek an order pursuant to the Data Protection Act 2018 SCH 2 Pt 1 5 (3)(a) stating that it is require to form evidence in the claim"
              (I am trying to be accurate as I get so much wrong, partially due to disabilities!!) Of course if anyone knows of anyone taking such cases no win no fee....
              ... or if there is insurance I can take out to protect myself feel free....

Evidence ...do I copy quotes from correspondence that they have it, not provided it, destroyed it?

Do I want a hearing? Guessing it should not be needed?
              time, level of judge ??

Thank you

Comment

Hearing this morning which has been adjourned for me to put my case forward in person. (I was thrown out of a shop for being mask exempt however they would not accept the word 'exempt', 4 members of staff to one person with hidden disabilities)

Its gone/going to multi track no idea why I have to 'put my case forward'.
                Particulars of claim put in.
                They threw me out for not accepting the word 'exempt' which I understand they should
                As disabilities hidden presuming them are claiming I have none (I do, 2 legal firms willing to take the case but ran out of recourses for all the 100's of cases that flooded legal firms last year!)

ok n244
                so I put in "seek an order pursuant to the Data Protection Act 2018 SCH 2 Pt 1 5 (3)(a) stating that it is require to form evidence in the claim"
                (I am trying to be accurate as I get so much wrong, partially due to disabilities!!) Of course if anyone knows of anyone taking such cases no win no fee....
                ... or if there is insurance I can take out to protect myself feel free....

Evidence ...do I copy quotes from correspondence that they have it, not provided it, destroyed it?

Do I want a hearing? Guessing it should not be needed?
                time, level of judge ??

Thank you
                Do you have home or car insurance? If so check if it has legal assistance and then you may be able to get a solicitor using that.

Yes to the wording.

Yes to the evidence.

No Hearing

District Judge

It's likely gone to multi track to the nature of the claim, being a disabilities discrimination claim.

Comment

Thankyou

Home insurance have said no to every case, I have several going, last year was not a good year for people trying to use services without restricting our breathing! They have exclusions for everything :-(

The ones I am not claiming for more than the standard £9000 I have tried to keep in small claims but have been out voted
                  This one ganged up on by many, assaulted and threatened with the police :-(

...and the insurance FREE legal help, are not able to help once it is a case.

The support though the courts were not able to help, just signposted me to dead ends

The actual courts are supposed to help with disabilities however that is proving difficult. I have written more than once requesting a decent time between paperwork needing to be in AND hearings and so on, so far ignored.

I was sent a set of directions, they arrived THREE DAYS after a deadline for some paperwork.

Another case I wanted a transcript of the hearing, it took the court FIVE months to send it to the transcribing service!

Its more than a bloody mountain to climb and I am afraid it will break me, and this is ON TOP of endure the pain and suffering of my disabilities nearly 24 hours a day, and being a single parent.
                  tis not good, hence any guidance appreciated

THANK YOU

Comment

.... I was in a car accident and THANKFULLY a company is helping, they were able to take out insurance to cover if I lost the claim, that is what I am looking for as I cant find any legal help. Help with the other sides fees if I loose.
                    My disabilities genuine, as I say 2 companies happy to take the case before inundated, but having been up against a barrister and the judges being on the side of big companies - beyond scary, frightening etc

Comment

... hearing was rescheduled

I have written in the directions the dates I cannot do
                      I have written to the court several times the dates I cannot do

They have put the rescheduled hearing on a date I cannot do!

Is there a form to complete or a just another letter to be ignored?
                      How is a litigant in person to be taken seriously?

Comment

Write a letter to or phone the court.

Comment

2 letters and one phone call, ignored :-(

Comment

2 letters and one phone call, ignored :-(
                            You're going to have to call them and ask for it to be moved.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X