• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County claim form recieved from Drydens Fairfax on behalf of Arrow Global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County claim form recieved from Drydens Fairfax on behalf of Arrow Global

Hi, today i have received a claim form from Nottingham County Court via Drydens Fairax on behalf of Arrow Global. The claim with charges totals in the region of £4500. It is in relation to a Santander credit card which i have not had for many years.
    The letter i have received today is in my maiden name as the debt was from before i got married (which was 13 years ago). I had contact with step change when the accounts first defaulted who advised me that due to my financial situation i could only make a token payment of £1 per month which i have been making throughout. Speaking to Drydens Fairfax they have said they sent notices saying that they have issued letters before proceeding and they have been instructed to proceed from their client as they had not received an updated income and expenditure, i have not received anyhting from Arrow Global other than regular statements. I spoke to them during lockdown and informed them my situation had not changed (although Drydens Fairfax claim there is no record of this?)
    I work part time, my husband works full time and we have worked really hard to try and improve our credit files to try and change mortgage provider from heliodor and a CCJ would definitely set us back massively.
    We are homeowners (although little if any equity if we sold our property, we may break even after charges if we were lucky). I own a car which is worth approx £250, my husband does not own a car.
    Can anyone advise how best i can proceed? I would like to keep my family home and any hope of switching to a mortgage provider with a better rate is out of the window if i get a CCJ.
    Tags: None

Hi Dawn

a) First Acknowledge the Claim, you can do this online, this will give you 28 days in total to work on your defence.

b) Send Arrow Global a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they hold on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

c) Send Drydens Fairfax a CCA request, they have 14 days to provide a copy of the original agreement. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

d) Send Drydens Fairfax a CPR 31.14 request, again get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

Don't speak to creditors, solicitors etc over the phone, everything in writing.
    Keep on top of this, especially dates for filing defence etc.

Also don't panic, this isn't a priority debt.

Comment

Thanks, i have acknowledged receipt and i will send off the other forms tomorrow. Thank you for your advice.

Comment

Hi I have received a response from arrow global, they have returned my postal order along with a letter saying they no longer charge a fee for this and that they will respond to the content of my letter as soon as they can. I am concerned I may not receive a response before the 28 day postponement of court proceedings expires.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawnf View Post
          Hi I have received a response from arrow global, they have returned my postal order along with a letter saying they no longer charge a fee for this and that they will respond to the content of my letter as soon as they can. I am concerned I may not receive a response before the 28 day postponement of court proceedings expires.
          Keep an eye on the situation, you still need to get the defence in before the deadline.

Comment

Hi. I still have not received the requested documents from drydens fairfax or arrow global. All I have received is the postal orders returned saying they are no longer required. I am concerned it is approaching the 28 days postponement date and I have not received anything. What happens if they do not respond before the end of the 28 day period?

Comment

Hi. I still have not received the requested documents from drydens fairfax or arrow global. All I have received is the postal orders returned saying they are no longer required. I am concerned it is approaching the 28 days postponement date and I have not received anything. What happens if they do not respond before the end of the 28 day period?
              You still have to file a Defence, amend the following template to suit your current circumstances. Send a copy to the Court and Drydens Fairfax.

Make sure you get Proof of Postage for both. I'd post it tomorrow. They've missed the deadline for the CCA.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/

Comment

Thanks I have done as you suggested and this morning looking at the moneyclaim online site is has updated to say defence received with today’s date so it has arrived. What is the next step, is it just a case of waiting until the moneyclaim site updates
                or will I usually receive a response by post?

Comment

Thanks I have done as you suggested and this morning looking at the moneyclaim online site is has updated to say defence received with today’s date so it has arrived. What is the next step, is it just a case of waiting until the moneyclaim site updates
                  or will I usually receive a response by post?
                  You'll receive an Allocation Questionnaire in the post.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

A little update, and a message of thank you for your help so far.
                    The court responded to my defence saying the claimant had 28 days from receipt of defence to return the requested info or the judgment would be stayed. Drydens Fairfax responded on the 07/12 acknowledging recipes of docs and they would pass to their client and no further action would be taken until they had received instruction from arrow. This was over 28 days ago and when I check the moneyclaim online site it just states defence received the 30/11.
                    At some point will it say judgment stayed or do I need to take any action on my part.

Comment

Could ring court to ask later on
                      Last edited by MIKE770; 16th January 2022, 09:07:AM.

Comment

Ring and email the Court, don't expect the Court to function without some intervention from you.

Comment

I rang the court as suggested and they were very helpful. They lady told me the judgment had been stayed and had been since the beginning of December.
                          When I log into the moneyclaim online service it still just shows defence recieved, will it now stay like this or will it eventually change status? No response from drydens fairfax other than an updated statement with solicitors and court fees added which seems cheeky to say the least!.
                          is there anything I need to do from here, I’d sooner not pay solicitors and court fees on top of the balance I am already making payments against, however I’m concerned if I contact drydens fairfax regarding the issue it may spur them on to find the paperwork i requested as part of my defence?

Comment

no more info on moneyclaim , stayed they will not report on there. court system now, sit tight up to them to move or not?

​​​​​​No response from drydens fairfax other than an updated statement with solicitors and court fees added which seems cheeky to say the least!. Standard court procedure for claims.
                            Last edited by MIKE770; 29th January 2022, 14:26:PM.

Comment

sit on hands up to them now, no more contact unless court instructions should appear?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X