• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Business Centre: PRA Group Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Business Centre: PRA Group Ltd

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date:22/7/21
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:No
    Total Amount Claimed : £5800.00
    Claimant’s Name:PRA Group Ltd
    Solicitors Firm:
    Original Creditor:Lloyds Bank plc
    Original Debt Credit Card £5200.00
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    Is the debt Statute Barred: No
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):None
    Any Other Information or Background Details:

Hi, I received a letter from the courts last Friday and just asking what my next steps should be.

If anyone can help me through the process.

Thanks
    Tags: None

If I ask for copy of cca and it is not supplied to me, can the court still say its enforceable? Also at what date do I notify the courts that I acknowledge the claim.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

You acknowledge it now using the details and password on the form, nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court

Have you not made a request for the CCA? To the PRA group. Template in the shortcuts panel on this page.
      Last edited by ostell; 29th July 2021, 19:24:PM.

Comment

Delete your post, use the edit button, and start your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          You acknowledge it now using the details and password on the form, nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court

Have you not made a request for the CCA? To the PRA group. Template in the shortcuts panel on this page.
          Hi, I have sent a request to PRA group for CCA. I will logon and acknowledge like you have said.

If PRA group don't send a copy, what will be the process then?

Thanks for the help its much appreciated.

Comment

Ok PRA have come back with they are going to request the required information regarding the CCA from the original creditor.

It also says on the letter they can provide me with a reconstituted copy which doesn't have to be the actual agreement and doesn't have to have my signature or the date I signed it. Is this correct or are they blagging?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RJ45 View Post
              Ok PRA have come back with they are going to request the required information regarding the CCA from the original creditor.

It also says on the letter they can provide me with a reconstituted copy which doesn't have to be the actual agreement and doesn't have to have my signature or the date I signed it. Is this correct or are they blagging?

thanks
              Hope this helps.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2016-03-21

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                Thanks for that

I acknowledged with the court and have said I wish to defend all of the claim. As PRA have said everything is on hold, do I need to do anything my side of the court proceedings if you know what I mean.

Thanks again

Comment

Ignore on hold follow court instructions

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    Ignore on hold follow court instructions
                    Ok will do

Thanks

Comment

Ok, so I filled in the forms for the court and sent them back, then today I have a letter from court saying I did not respond and a ccj by default has been awarded. So obviously them forms have got lost. Can anyone tell me what I can do next? I have had a look and have read I can apply for the judgement to be a set aside. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

So you Acknowledged of Service online - that gave you an extra 14 days to file your Defence (you didn't do that), because you didn't file your Defence in time, they got a Default Judgement, thus the CCJ.

You sent a CCA Request - but PRA hasn't responded to your CCA Request (you think it's been lost), in your Request it states they have 14 days to respond to your Request. So you should of chased them after 14 days.

To set aside - https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/

Wait for more feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                          So you Acknowledged of Service online - that gave you an extra 14 days to file your Defence (you didn't do that), because you didn't file your Defence in time, they got a Default Judgement, thus the CCJ.

You sent a CCA Request - but PRA hasn't responded to your CCA Request (you think it's been lost), in your Request it states they have 14 days to respond to your Request. So you should of chased them after 14 days.

To set aside - https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/

Wait for more feedback.
                          Hi,

yes I did Acknowledge of service online and sent my defence letter back to court and it is this that has got lost, hence the default.

PRA did come back to me saying everything was put on hold so they can look into getting a copy or details of the CCA.

Should PRA have notified the courts that they were ceasing chasing payment putting everything on hold?

Do I now have to contact PRA and ask them to agree on setting aside? If they ignore what are my next steps? Or do I just apply for the setting aside without their consent? Can this be done?

Thanks for your help

Comment

no- you were tricked by them,, only a court can put a case on hold!

Comment

Set Aside Application £255 unless on certain benefits ., they have said no so £100 no good. but keep all letters to file as they are being obtrusive to say the least.

your case for set aside is wrongful information from PRA (on hold) CCa out standing therefore case should not gone ahead etc sure others will be along soon Des-8

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X