• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received claim, how to defend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received claim, how to defend?

What do I put on my defence and witness statement? The claimant has made many legally incorrect arguments by email which show they didnt have a contract, where do I put this?
    Last edited by Jasonands; 6th July 2021, 11:15:AM.
    Tags: None

Hi Jasonands

What kind of debt is it? Some background would be good.

You need to Acknowledge the Claim, that can be done online, which gives you 28 days to file your defence, but don't anything else, until you get more advice.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

If you can copy the particulars of the claim removing any personal details if there any, that would be good.

They clearly haven't followed 'Pre-Action Protocols, if you haven't received a Letter Before Action.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      So essentially you called an electrician who was meant to provide a free quote, they believe they have done work and instead of providing a free quote, they have charged you, stating you signed the electricians phone. They have issued a court claim.
      summarized*
      Last edited by Jasonands; 6th July 2021, 11:12:AM.

Comment

How much are they seeking?

So essentially you called an electrician who was meant to provide a free quote, they believe they have done work and instead of providing a free quote, they have charged you, stating you signed the electricians phone. They have issued a court claim.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
          How much are they seeking?

.£60 . .
          Last edited by Jasonands; 6th July 2021, 11:13:AM.

Comment

I am a bit confused, In my defence do i have to detail every single communication I had with the claimant?

they made many incorrect legal arguments by email and I want to include this somewhere to counter them and it shows that they did not have a contract with me. Do I put their email correspondence in my witness statement explaining why they are wrong?

Comment

You can attach emails/letters/phone records to your witness statement as 'exhibits' listed at the end but referenced throughout the document as 'The defendant emailed me on 6th February to state X,Y,Z' See attached Exhibit JA01 and so on every time you need to reference one of the attached documents.
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X