• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

court proceedings will be served on you(where is the pre action protocal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court proceedings will be served on you(where is the pre action protocal)

Hi,
    received a letter early jan this year from a solicitor notifying us he had submitted a CPR part 8 application. he sent through a blank court form and notified us of an incident in june 2019. we asked him if he had written to us earlier and he said in jan 2019(which was 6 months before alleged incident.

So asked him how he had notified us of the incident and he said he would respond. he did not. he then asked for our insurance again. we wrote to him this morning saying we did not have cover during this period and within 5 mins he responded saying court proceedings will be served on us without further notice.

we have asked for details of his clients claims. his remedy he is seeking and notified him of pre action protocal to in simple terms avoid court action. no response. I can see now he wanted to make a claim to an insurance company. earn lots of money nice and easy. but if there is no insurance surely he has to provide us with some detail over what he is claiming and why for his client. Our medics on the day have no record of any injury or incident to the claimant. everyone is directed to them to record incidents and receive professional medical treatment. this person seams to have refused this.

Any advice appreciated.
    Steveeasy
    Tags: None

Is this a follow up to your earlier thread: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-up-cpr-part-8

Comment

Hi Des8,
      Yes it is. I received in Jan notice that in August last year they submitted Part 8 application for disclosure. I got a blank court paper only. I requested a letter before claim with details of claimants injury and detail in order to respond. nothing. I wrote again this morning asking them to provide detail as I understand I need to respond to letter of claim and simply got told proceeding will be instigated. So I asked about pre action protocal and received the following.

I attach again an email dated 30th of June 2020 with letter of claim attached in accordance with the pre-action protocol.

You may or may not be aware that you have 3 months from the date of the letter of claim to respond and as you have not done so we have assumed that liability is denied.

The next step is to institute court proceedings although as you have failed to provide any disclosure documentation we have written to the court asking them to issue a claim under part 8 of the civil procedure rules for disclosure of documentation. We were advised this week that the application will be issued shortly and served upon you.

It is noted once again that you do not intend to utilise any insurance cover in relation to this claim and that you intend to defend the claim personally

I cant believe they can make an application to court to issue a claim without providing any details of the claim and giving me the chance to respond to a potential claim. I cant contact or write to the court as ive no idea where it is being held. Are they abusing the system here. it is becoming clear they just wanted to use insurers that we did not have at the time.

thank you
      Steveeasy

Comment

Allthough I have no idea other than grazes to arm what the claimants injuries are that apparently happened 2 years ago. the solicitor has said he sent a letter before claim/action last year. I had 3 months to respond. I new nothing about it and he says we have lost our right to defend the claim.

His letter before action provides nothing other than a very brief outline of what took place. I have no idea if it was minor or major. no report, no account for financial loss. so how can a defendant respond if he has no details.

the part 8 application however is for the claimants solicitor to obtain lots of information such as safety reports to build a case against me. then he submits a huge claim when if it was a small injury and dealt with fairly in line with pre action protocol to avoid unnecessary litigation could be settled now. is this not a case of the defendants solicitor wanting to earn huge fees with a simple insurance claim.

All I need to know is should I have been provided with a valid court paper dated and stamped by the courts. I discussed this with my local court today and she was supprised given it was submitted last august we have not got a valid claim form so Ican make a representation before a decision.

Thank you
        Steveeasy

Comment

I think you should start work gathering your evidence and working on your witness statement.

Nothing more to be done until the claim arrives.

Comment

Hi Des8,
            Thank you for the advice. So No pre action protocol. sounds like an abuse of the system not being able to respond.
            Thank you
            steveeasy

Comment

You bring the lack of preaction protocol to the courts attention in due course, altho' it won't be fatal to a claim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X