• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old GE debt Claim form issued 11 Dec found yesterday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old GE debt Claim form issued 11 Dec found yesterday

Help me if you can I'm feeling down - and i do appreciate you being 'round!

I went to my Mum's empty house yesterday and found a letter of Claim ( 3rd Nov), letter from solicitors re court claim 11/12/2020, court claim 11/12/2020 for my brother. He used this address as a correspondence address when we has homeless following a stroke in 2018. I am helping to get him back on his feet as there is a financial mess ( brother tends to ignore letters and bury's head in sand) as well as ongoing health issues to deal with. Currently on universal credit and not working due to health. PIP refused.

We were aware of this alleged debt. I sent a prove it letter last year from this address but no concrete information came back fro that. Subsequently they wrote to him at his new permanent address ( August 2020 ) just with a Notice of Sum of Arrears. These court related letters were all sent to the correspondence address which I happened to visit yesterday. It's not local to me and all Mum's post has been dealt with/redirected when we dealt with her estate . Due to Tier3/4 I had not been able to visit since start of lockdown 2 . having found the letters and this site I realised that time was crucial and have submitted acknowledgement yesterday. Doing CPR/CCA letters today.

Is there anything else I need to do now? Thanks in advance

Received a claim? Yes/No:
    Issue Date:11/12/2020 - collected from an old address 30/12/2020
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes - yesterday ( not sure whether I was in time but it seemed to go through ok on moneyclaim site)
    Total Amount Claimed : £7000
    Claimant’s Name:Arrow Global Accounts
    Solicitors Firm: Drydensfairfax
    Original Creditor: GE Capital
    Original Debt Loan
    Particulars of Claim:
    The claim is for the sum of... in respect of moneys owing by defendant on credit agreement held by defendant
    Default notice was services upon the defendant and has not been complied with
    The balance was assigned from.. to the claimant and the defendant has been notified of the assignment by letter.
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): Not sure - prove it letter sent in 2019. Loan dated 10 March 2007 ? Defaulted Feb 2015
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): Just used templates for these two letters
    Tags: None

CCA Request

CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

HI, I have done both of those letters and not had a response so I am now working on the defence using the template, which looks really helpful. This first point states - i received the claim on....

The claim was delivered to an old temporary address. Arrow have been sending statements to my brothers actual address and sent one in August and another one a week after the court papers, . However, Drydensfairfax letters and the court papers went to my Mums address, which since she passed away has been empty. I happened to visit on 30th December and found them there. It doesn't really change the strength of the defence , but I would like to point out that the court papers were sent to a wrong address.

I was just going to add

"I received the claim on 30th December , when I was alerted that a letter had been found at a former temporary address from a year previously.

Does this sound OK?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X