• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Revised Particulars of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised Particulars of Claim

Please could anyone give me some help.

On Tuesday my Particulars of Claim were struck out for which I had to pay 8k costs.

The Judge believed I had a claim for negligence but that my POC was too short and did not explain in enough detail my reasons for negligence.

I would like to not proceed with the claim due to ill health but understand that this will incur large costs. Does anybody know how much that is likely to be and could they make me homeless?

I have started to write up a new set of Particulars but am finding it very difficult as it now seems very long winded!

I have attached the first six pages, could anyone advise me if I am on the right lines or how I can find out how I should be writing them up.

Thankyou.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

£8k in costs ? Blimey ok - did the defendant apply to strike and what happened after that ?

The document you've started on is more like a witness statement than particulars of claim.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes the defendant applied to strike out which they won but I have got until 7.01.20 to submit new particulars.

Yes that is what I am worried about I can seem to find anywhere that will explain how I write the particulars of claim. I want to pull out but daren't even find out how much that will cost as I had to pay 8k.

Would it be possible to give me an example over one of the issues.

The first issue is that at a financial divorce hearing my barrister would not advise me of the details of the settlement. Without the details I could not make an informed decision as to whether to sign the order. As I could not make a decision she stated I lacked mental capacity and would need to undergo a psychological assessment if I did not sign the order. I suffered a freeze response and it was suffering this I signed the order!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X