• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with 181 directions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 181 directions

Hi LB
    There is guidance for a 180 in the library, but i can't seem to locate the same for a 181(?)
    Will the information required for the 181 be the same as the 180?
    How easy is it for me to trip myself up with the 181 without some guidance?
    Would an upgrade be best especially if i want to ensure some privacy?

Tags: None

Anyone?

Comment

Hi Anyone there willing to give a hand with this?

Comment

Fast track claim ( over £10k or complex issues ?)

Which part of the N181 directions questionnaire are you having problems with ?
        Are you claimant or defendant ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello Amethyst

Thank you so much for looking at my query. I am grateful for any guidance you can provide.

Troubles are always multiple and i will need to start a different thread to this one as i have had to concentrate my time over the last couple of days with my mother who has just this week been diagnosed with dementia and getting ASC to help us. Anyway....

181's
          I assume that the claimant would also have received a copy of the DQ to complete and return

My understanding is that the parties concerned need to have made contact with each other to agree directions? and come to some compromise. Any idea if this is correct? -

Who should make the first contact is it the defendant or the claimant? Claimant has not yet made contact.

Also is it at this point on completing the DQ that i ask again for the case to be referred to the First Tier Tribunal on grounds of reasonableness, Or does this have to be agreed by the Claimant for this to happen.

Could the court make the decision to refer based on my request alone?

What happens if the Claimant does not make contact or if I make contact and no agreement is reached?

Background
          I am the defendant in a money claim which I asked to be referred to the First Tier Tribunal when I submitted my defence, but either it has been refused or no decision is made yet as both side need to agree to the transfer. It is unlikely that the claimant will agree as this will put more pressure on them to compromise - can't think of a more appropriate term at the moment.

Comment

Sorry Amethyst

My earlier post failed to make plain the answer to your questions

Fast track (in excess of £10K) Service Charges bill following major works

181 questions

I assume that the claimant would also have received a copy of the DQ to complete and return?

My understanding is that the parties concerned need to have made contact with each other to agree directions? and come to some compromise. Any idea if this is correct? -

Who should make the first contact is it the defendant or the claimant? Claimant has not yet made contact.

Also is it at this point on completing the DQ that i ask again for the case to be referred to the First Tier Tribunal on grounds of reasonableness, Or does this have to be agreed by the Claimant for this to happen.

Could the court make the decision to refer based on my request alone?

What happens if the Claimant does not make contact or if I make contact and no agreement is reached?

Background
            I am the defendant in a money claim which I asked to be referred to the First Tier Tribunal when I submitted my defence, but either it has been refused or no decision is made yet as both side need to agree to the transfer. It is unlikely that the claimant will agree as this will put more pressure on them to compromise - can't think of a more appropriate term than compromise at the moment. The freeholders solicitors are particularly l

Comment

Update

As a Lay Person, completing this particular form was complicated (for me anyway). Not having received the claimants copy to use as a guide on how to complete, I rang the courts for some guidance on completion and thank God i did. What a relief, I could sleep again.

Turns out that as a LIP the more complicated parts of the form I did not need to complete as I was not expected to know how to answer. Court staff were remarkably helpful, but I do not know if I was just lucky with the member of staff that I was put through to.

I will write up a draft for Moderators on here to review and pass (or not) to help out and offer some reassurance to others that may be going through the same type of experience.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X