• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small Claim 'Settled'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Claim 'Settled'

I am making a small claim and I wondered if I can rely on the fairness of treatment by the company I am claiming against, or do I need legislation to get a result?
    T
    Tags: None

It really depends on the situation… There are the FCA treating customers fairly rules if it is consumer credit related ... but Breaches of that tend to go through the financial ombudsman who can decide on fairness not strictly limited to legislation. Can you give us a bit more info about the situation you are dealing with and we'll help as much as possible xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok here goes,
      Bought holiday home for just shy of 40k with part ex on old van in 2015 brand new
      Point of sale, salesman lied to us and also repeated the lie by email later on in the year. Was considering mis selling but it would not be a small claim and a big amount to start claim.
      In the end after lots went on we sold the van back to the site for a measly 10K
      I requested site fees back from the date we sold the van back until the end of season but they have a sliding scale rule and said no. This was deemed an unfair term by the OFT but later removed as no legislation to back it up. Fact is there is very no or very little protection for holiday home owners so site owners get away with almost everyhting they do.

this from OFT
      4.33 Pitch licence fees are generally paid in full before the start of the season, although some parks allow payment in several instalments. Even if caravan owners choose to cancel licences where park owners are not at fault, they may still be entitled to recover some of these fees. Some licences include a sliding scale for refunds in the event of cancellation – we do not disagree in principle with the use of such sliding scales, provided they represent a genuine pre-estimate of park owners' losses. The law does not allow park owners to reclaim losses that they could have avoided had they taken reasonable steps to do so, such as attempting to find a new occupier for the pitch. Any provision that all prepayments are lost on consumer cancellation may be regarded as a penalty.

​​​​​​​I took on the task of trying to reclaim those fees and also the fact I think when we bought the new van site fees were included in the price as they were with the first van therefore we were charged twice, this they denied too

Comment

Ah well, will let you know how I fair, in court 3rd Dec am ready lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X