• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VCS - ELMS Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCS - ELMS Legal

In 2015 I received 2 PCN's from VCS for parking in my dedicated parking spot at my apartment. They were given because everyone's permit expired at midnight (with no warning) and everyone was given a ticket at 6am the following day, and for several days afterward. After many complaints to the management company, they were removed from managing the site and we were told not to pay the PCN's.

I heard nothing about it since until recently I had 2 letters from the county court saying that I had lost both cases as I hadn't responded. I never received the court letters that were sent to me, but I've since found out that I can't really do anything about it without shelling out £255 per case with no guarantee of getting it back. I decided to make the payment, having 30 days to make the payment to VCS, for a total of £370. However, yesterday I received 2 letters from ELMS legal saying that I need to now pay them instead of VCS, and pay them £275 per PCN, so now a total of £550. They also state that I have 7 days to pay them or they'll send a field agent to my house and charge me another £90 for each ticket for the visit.

The court said I have to pay £370, and still have 2 weeks to pay the CCJ order, so I can't see why I should be paying ELMS Legal instead of VCS?

There are a few further complications. I'm currently also fighting VCS on 2 other cases (one is going to court later this month and the other is at defence stage), the address they currently have is my parents address and my dad has the same name as me, for any visits etc. The final complication is that I'm moving to Germany shortly - permanently. It has been suggested to me that I could give my new German address details and not pay any of these settlements, but that seems immoral to me, and despite how immoral VCS are, I don't want to go down this route. I also don't want to have to pay an extra £180 for no reason.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Anyone able to help me please? Time is quite short on this.

Comment

You need to pay the Claimant ( Judgment holder ) the amount shown on the Judgment. If you do this within one month they won't be registered against you for 6 years. Does the Judgment give a date by which payment should be made?

I don't know where ELMS legal come into it... the judgment holder is VCS? Were ELMS Legal acting for them? Do ELMS mention the CCJ's at all?

Having a quick scout about it looks like ostell knows a bit about ELMS xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I suspect ELMS Legal would have been instructed to represent VCS on their behalf, but the two letters from the court (assuming they are court orders/default judgment) will state the sum of money to be paid to the claimant, which will be VCS - unless the orders specifically make a reference to ELMS Legal and that money should be paid to them, you are not legally obliged to pay them.

Sounds like they are trying it on and could be grounds for harassment for sums of money that isn't owed or payable to them. The only we can really assist you is by uploading a copy of the court letters and the correspondence you received from ELMS Legal.

Make sure to redact your personal information before uploading.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks very much for your help chaps.

Please see the below links for the CCJ details and the ELMS legal letter -

https://imgur.com/XLOd4fu

https://imgur.com/EUuVk6K

Comment

It could be that the order states "Forthwith" and VCS are getting in quickly to grab money. Elms have probably got a no win no fee arrangement as debt collectors for the money.

You are late as the order states Forthwith. Send that Cheque off now to VCS. Photo as you send and Certificate of Posting from a post office.

VCS normally handle claims in house so why Elms are into this I don't know. The company appears to be a one man band, suddenly bursting into a lot of activity in 2017

Comment

Thanks, I'll get it paid to them tomorrow.

Comment

I had same situation

I filled out n244 and got help with fees ( 2 simple forms) and then got my judgement set aside . without help with fees cost is £255.

also the directions questionnair has just arrived - i have emailled and sent it off to court and to claimant.

Awaiting court hearing date.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X