• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow global need to provide a defence by 20th of july

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow global need to provide a defence by 20th of july

Good day i need some help please. I had a judgement set aside. I now need to write a defence however it is for an old bank account which i went overdrawn on. The amount is for £1.600 pounds this includes interest. I have not recieved a assignment of debt. However with it being an overdraft i dont know how to defend the case. Arrow global have stated that they have a copy of my medical information . Can anyone advise in how to defend the case. The bank was made awere of my medical health but no consideration was given.
    thanks. I have seen ten plates for credit cards but nothing for an overdraft. The over draft was given as a request i beleive but can not remember as it is over 10 years ago. But i do think i may have asked for it .
    Tags: None

Can anyone help pleas

Comment

these guys helped me in the same issue on arrow global
      Last edited by MaggieM; 31st July 2019, 11:05:AM.

Comment

Lol
        There appears to be a plethora of past threads on this.
        https://legalbeagles.info/forums/sea...2%3A%221%22%7D

Amethyst

I think
        https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-by-12pm-today
        is the pertinent one?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Possibly - what happened between
          Defence needs to be filed by 28th Feb.
          that you now need another defence ? Or do you mean a hearing has been set and you have to exchange witness statements ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by MaggieM View Post
            these guys helped me in the same issue.
            A Scottish Trust Deed is seriously not appropriate for this situation. For one Amber doesn't live in Scotland. I'm removing the link from your post.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Arrow gloval have had 3 different accounts they bought. This is a totally different account. This is an overdraft on an account i did not know had gone overdrawn back in 2010. I did not know about thos until a few months ago . I had jusgement set aside because it was a default judgement. So i dont know how to defend this claim which was registered as a ccj in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Amberhun View Post
                Arrow gloval have had 3 different accounts they bought. This is a totally different account. This is an overdraft on an account i did not know had gone overdrawn back in 2010. I did not know about thos until a few months ago . I had jusgement set aside because it was a default judgement. So i dont know how to defend this claim which was registered as a ccj in 2016.
                Have you started any other threads on this particular alleged debt?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

didnt i post something once on defending bank account / overdrafts using s140? I know me and Tom did a case 2 years ago now where we challenged a debt purchaser and got the late payment charges back too
                  I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I have not written post about this before. Its.confusing due to the same company having 3 different debts 2 have now been resolved. But i have this bank account debt. Which they say i had gone ver drawn on and is 1.600 pounds debt. They have sent to me now a copy of hsbc banking terms but is it general terms nothing signed. A copy of the debt being assigned to them in 2016. And a copy of two £1.00 payments which is the same £1.00 payment they also used on the other debt which is nw resolved. Because it is a bank overdraft debt i dont know who to defend it and need some advise please.

Comment

I think I saw something on twitter a while ago about needing to comply with S78 requests on an overdraft, I will try to find it

Comment

I might have got the detail wrong, it might not be S78 but it is to do with proving the debt here is the tweet https://twitter.com/connolly_joanna/...93891556974594

Comment

Would it be possible to post up a pic (or write verbatim) a redacted copy of the court directions as to what exactly is required by 20th July?
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Judgement was only set aside now i have to produce a defence. Thats all that has been requested by the court i am not at a hearing stage. I dont know the original amount i went over drawn and i dont know how much of this is interest charges . Arrow global have only provide me with a copy of the assignment sent to the wrong address in 2016. A copy of hsbc terms and conditions of a bank account and a copy of two £1.00 payments made in 2012. Nothing else.
                            so i dont have any other information.

Comment

Originally posted by Amberhun View Post
                              Judgement was only set aside now i have to produce a defence. Thats all that has been requested by the court i am not at a hearing stage. I dont know the original amount i went over drawn and i dont know how much of this is interest charges
                              You've indicated that this was a pre-arranged OD....are you sure?

. Arrow global have only provide me with a copy of the assignment sent to the wrong address in 2016.
                              Could you expand on this?
                              Did AG have knowledge or should have known, a more current address?
                              Was this alleged debt assigned to anyone else? (IE could there be a chain of assignments?)

A copy of hsbc terms and conditions of a bank account and a copy of two £1.00 payments made in 2012. Nothing else.
                              so i dont have any other information.
                              Do you have any idea what these could be?
                              If it were me I'd SAR HSBC for all data held on this.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X