• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Set Aside Advice. Defence & Acknowledged sent in time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was it statute barred in your original defence ? and was it statute barred when they issued a claim ?

Comment

Well, imho it satisfies one part of the criteria.
      The other is having a good enough reason for the delay.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes I am 99% sure it is statute barred and that was and is my defence.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          The other is having a good enough reason for the delay.
          ####

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

My reason for the delay is due to not receiving paperwork through the post. Being away on a residential training course for 14 weeks whilst the claim was going through the courts and when I did return home not having any letters waiting for me. in March 2017 me and my partner then lost a child due to a miscarriage whilst I was away on this training course which caused a lot of grief and then I moved once the training course was finished next door. The original address is my grandparents who I still care for today (Alzheimer’s) the post person was never the same person day in day out due to part time hours and the creditor has never enforced the debt for two years which the courts confirmed. I’ve only found out about this last week when I met a mortgage broker. I thought the claimant had dropped the case due to not hearing anything because of the strength of my defence. Now it has come to my attention I am acting promptly to get this set aside and because it is statute barred I have a good chance of defending the claim

Comment

Any advice would be appreciated. Waiting on documents from the court now

Comment

Not much to advise on until you get the docs from court - you can read through the set aside guidance though and start putting that together based on what you know - https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

i would honestly wait until you receive the reply from the court

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X