• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell County Court Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell County Court Letter

Sorry... posted originally in new member forum...Lowell County Court Letter

Today, 06:07:AM
    Help!!!

I came home yesterday to find a letter addressed to my partner... I contacted him to see if I could open it post mark said county court.....
    so on opening the letter the letter has come from County Court Business Centre
    This states that unless a payment is made to them by 15th they will instruct bailiffs to visit our home.... obviously he does not want this to happen ...
    In the letter it states:
    "you have failed to make payment under the judgement as you were ordered. The creditor has therefore asked for a warrant to be issued to the bailiff to seize and sell your goods"
    We have had no other letters or anything addressed here from the courts and this is the first we have heard about it....
    The creditor on the letter is a company called Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd .... we have had no correspondence from this company
    There are no old debts or anything else entered on his credit history as we check ours regularly.
    The letter states we need to pay £280 which we do not have or really want to do but an application to set aside judgement costs £255 so do not know what to do .... I don't see why we should pay them anything when we have no idea what it supposedly relates to....
    Please can you offer any advice
    Thank you
    Tags: None

It appears he must have a CCJ and they now propose to issue enforcement proceedings. If nothing on his Credit History then you need to check Registry Trust - fee applies https://search.trustonline.org.uk/Search/Person

When did he last move?

Comment

We have been at this address for 3 years...
      I understand that it would be a CCJ but we have had no other letters or anything relating to supposed debt... we have no idea what this relates to...

Comment

That is why I asked when he last moved as suspect everything has gone to an old address but surprise surprise they then find his current address after Judgment has been obtained.

Comment

Just dont know what to do.... I dont want to pay something when have no idea what it's for... I might as well give the money to a stranger on the street!! Same thing!!
          very worrying when get that letter...
          we have not had any court letters or claim forms or anything like other posters have said they have had.... we have literally only had this one letter

Comment

You need to establish what & when the CCJ refers to - see link above to Registry Trust. Or contact Lowells and ask them what it all refers to - you need to know who the original Creditor was.

Comment

Ah, ok thank you... I'll give that a try

Comment

Sorry, can I send them any letters or anything saying I'm applying for judgement to be set aside as we have no clue what it's in relation to

Comment

You need some info before you can do that - it might not even be possible.

You are going to need some of the following information:
                  When the CCJ was made
                  Who made it and if Lowells who the original Creditor was
                  How much it was for
                  What address was used to send all documentation to

That is the basics, then you need to decide if:
                  The CCJ has been correctly served
                  Did he ever owe the monies claimed
                  Was it Statute Barred
                  If it is due can he afford to pay in full or does he need a repayment plan preferably agreed with the Court

Don't forget as it his debt then any calls you make may be stonewalled due to Data Protection issues unless he does it himself or can speak to authorise you to do it.

Comment

He said years ago he had some cards/loans that were not paid for whatever reason but that was over 10 years ago (long before we met!) so I think the debts should be classed as statute barred....

Comment

Can I ask.... if bailiffs come to my home (hope it doesn't get to that) can they take my partners car? This is on finance so not owned by him out right

Comment

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and overthink things as that is a long way ahead. I cannot stress this enough - get the information first,

Comment

So.... I have entered the court code and also city into the above link in regards to finding out more about this letter.... the court code does not exist?!! Is this genuine??

Comment

Is the letter you received like this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-04-05 12_41_06-Start.png Views:	1 Size:	211.6 KB ID:	1459972

Northampton CCBC would be the best court to contact to find out what the judgment details are as per Ploddertoms previous post - https://courttribunalfinder.service....ss-centre-ccbc

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                            You need some info before you can do that - it might not even be possible.

You are going to need some of the following information:
                            When the CCJ was made
                            Who made it and if Lowells who the original Creditor was
                            How much it was for
                            What address was used to send all documentation to

That is the basics, then you need to decide if:
                            The CCJ has been correctly served
                            Did he ever owe the monies claimed
                            Was it Statute Barred
                            If it is due can he afford to pay in full or does he need a repayment plan preferably agreed with the Court

Don't forget as it his debt then any calls you make may be stonewalled due to Data Protection issues unless he does it himself or can speak to authorise you to do it.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes, its exactly the same as that

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X