• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell solicitors

Hey all, new to the page (thanks for having me)

where do do I start.....

way back in September 2016 I had a call from a company called Lowell’s claiming basically I owed them £3000 for an outstanding debt I had with my bank at the time (Lloyd’s) for a loan that I couldn’t pay off due to not working and being on long term sick..... so basically I didn’t know who these guys were and didn’t give them any information other than a reference number on the letter as I didn’t want to say who I was or where I lived etc etc and they rudely said they won’t speak to me as I refused to tell them who I was.

so a while or so later threatening letter came from them asking for payment, asking to contact etc etc to which I choose to ignore (didn’t know them).

In november last last year I moved house and didn’t thing about these guys when changing address so changed everything else as you would with other people (Sky Vodafone) you get me. Today after 4 months I got talking to the new tenants of previous address and they stated I had post so I collected it only to be greeted with a Lowell’s solicitor letter saying “ as I’m aware” a ccj has been entered against me from the 19/02/2019 (well no as I no longer live there)

now this is news to me and to be quite frank I’m now lost as what to do as it states the court has ordered me to pay £100 a month and the first payment was due on 18-03-2019 obviously I’ve missed that payment etc... what the hell do I do and where to I go from here?

Help me please!!!!
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Comment

This is on my clear score report ???

Comment

To remove the judgment you would need to apply to court to set it aside. There is some information here - Set Aside Application

If you succeed with the application the claim will go back to the start and you will have opportunity to defend. You should be able to show the court in your application that you have a defence.

Do you have any idea when the Lloyds loan originally defaulted ?

Any other letters in the post you collected ? Should have been a claim form etc, as well as a letter of claim ?

You can call the court and ask if they can give you the claim details ( sometimes they will email you the case summary, particulars and judgment )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X