• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your compromise would be what I suggested in my earlier post containing the link and amend the Consent Order that way, I really don't think that CEL are going to change their mind if you ask again but it's your issue so you will need to decide how to approach it
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

So wanted to follow up off the back of this...

Points on consent order are now as stands:

1) The default judgment entered on 18 October 2018 be set aside.
      2) The Claim is dismissed
      3) On receipt of this signed consent order £197.00 in full and final settlement, will become immediately payable to Civil Enforcement Ltd.
      4) No order for costs.

The following email was then received with the above Consent Order:

Dear Sir,

Please find attached signed consent order. We agreed for the removal of the CCJ and no order for costs, and for the claim to be dismissed under the condition for £197 to be paid in full and final satisfaction.

Please be advised that you can pay the outstanding by calling our number on 0870 919 55 77, or you can go to our website atwww.ce-service.co.uk .

Please confirm back the payment and kindly attach a copy of the Draft Consent signed by yourself, so we can inform the court that the CCJ has been paid.

Further directions on how to have the CCJ removed from this stage onwards, will be obtained by contacting the court.

Yours faithfully,

Legal Team
      For and on behalf of
      Civil Enforcement Limited

What now? Have they actually agreed?!

Comment

Hi David, sorry I missed this.

Does the document signed by CEL say "Draft Consent Order" or does it say "Consent Order" ?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
          Hi David, sorry I missed this.

Does the document signed by CEL say "Draft Consent Order" or does it say "Consent Order" ?
          Consent Order.

Comment

In which case it would appear that they have agreed to consent to the setting aside of the CCJ, though I am not sure why they are going to inform the court, it is your job and duty to do that. At this present stage I would be reluctant to give them a copy of the signed Consent Order until you have signed it yourself and submitted your application.

Note that the wording of the order says that you will immediately pay the £197 on receipt. Not sure whether that means you receiving it from CEL or the court. Either way, that's probably the best you are going to get from CEL but it doesn't mean that you will automatically get the judgment set aside. As I mentioned before, it should in theory be a rubber stamping exercise but a judge can always order you to court and explain yourselves (rare but does happen)
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

In which case it would appear that they have agreed to consent to the setting aside of the CCJ, though I am not sure why they are going to inform the court, it is your job and duty to do that. At this present stage I would be reluctant to give them a copy of the signed Consent Order until you have signed it yourself and submitted your application.

Note that the wording of the order says that you will immediately pay the £197 on receipt. Not sure whether that means you receiving it from CEL or the court. Either way, that's probably the best you are going to get from CEL but it doesn't mean that you will automatically get the judgment set aside. As I mentioned before, it should in theory be a rubber stamping exercise but a judge can always order you to court and explain yourselves (rare but does happen)
              Thanks Rob, again fantastic advice.

So to confirm, the £197 has been paid to CEL and they have provided receipt of payment.

What I'm confused on is the next steps? Do I just need to send a copy of the Consent Order to my local court? Is there anything further payable?

The process following this is what I'm unsure of.

We have contacted the Northampton Business Centre to request what is required of us, however it says they can take 10 days to respond.

Comment

Complete an N244 application (click here)

You will need to complete the application and make sure to fill in the claim number relating to the original CCJ in the box in the top right corner of the first page. Everything else is pretty self explanatory but a few pointers below to assist.

Q3. You need to state what you want the court to do, so something like "An order that the judgment dated [date] be set aside. The parties have agreed terms of settlement in the form of a Consent Order that is attached to this application."

Q4. Answer is yes you will be attaching the consent order

Q5. Without a hearing

Q7. leave blank

Q8. District Judge

Q9. Claimant

Q9a. Insert Claimant's address

Q10. You don't need to insert really because the consent order will be attached to the application.

Make sure to fill in your address, date and sign in the relevant place too. If you want a look over, upload what you've done and we can comment.

Would also be prudent to put in a cover letter explaining what you are enclosing.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Perfect, will get on that and show you what I’ve completed.

What about payment? Any ideas how much it will cost to submit? It won’t be the full £250 will it as its not a full set aside application? Or am I wrong?

Comment

£100 enclose a cheque.
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

£100 enclose a cheque.
                      Is there an alternative payment method? I don't have a cheque book unfortunately.

Comment

You can submit then ring and pay by card on the phone
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          You can submit then ring and pay by card on the phone
                          Sorry final question - I promise!

Would I call the Northampton Business Centre to pay? Not my local county court?

The paperwork should then be sent to the local court and NOT the business centre?

Comment

Papers and payment to court that issued the judgment - as a default judgment then that was likely the Northampton ccbc ? Ring them to check ( have some time and a speakerphone for the glorious on hold music to hand )
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X