• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Howard Cohen/Hoist Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received:
    • A letter from HM Courts saying:

I acknowledge receipt of your defence. A copy is being served on the claimant (or the claimant’s solicitor). The claimant may contact you direct to resolve any dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved informally, the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of what will happen.

Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The

only action the claimant can then take will be to apply a judge for an order lifting the stay.
    • A letter from Robinson Way dated saying:

Thank you for your recent contact.

We apologise for the delayed contact and for any inconvenience caused. We acknowledge receipt of your request under sections 77/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. We have passed your document request to the relevant department and they are currently dealing with your request.

Please note that under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you are no longer required by law to pay £1.00 in order to request your credit agreement. Please find enclosed return of your £1.00 fee.

Your account will remain on hold until we resolve your query. In the meantime, if you have any questions please contact our clients solicitors Howard Cohen & Co
    • A letter rom Howard Cohen saying:

We acknowledge receipt of your defence dated xxx in which you put the claimant to strict proof and also assert that any debt would be statute barred.

We can confirm that this matter relates to a Tesco Credit Card agreement opened on the xxx. Please find enclosed a copy of the original Notice of Assignment from Tesco. Dated xxx, which confirms the assignment all of their rights in connection with your account. Also, enclosed are copies of the subsequent assignments to the Claimant.

Reference s.5 of the Limitation Act 1980 which for the avoidance of doubt dictates:- “An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued”.

The records show that the last payment received from you was in the sum of xxx on the xx xx with a Default being registered on xx. Under paragraph 5, s.29 of the Limitation Act 1980, the right of action accrues on the date you acknowledge or make payment in respect of the debt. The Claim Form was issued on the xxx which is within the 6 year limitation period; therefore the Claimant would contend that the debt claimed in these proceedings is not statute barred.

We have requested the original documentation from our Client and we will contact you again once this is received. In the meantime, we can confirm that our client will consifer any reasonable offer to discharge the debt claimed in these proceedings. If you wish to settle the Claim at this stage, please contact this office to discuss any such proposals accordingly, alternatively fill in the attached form and submit your proposals.
    • A large pack of letters from Tesco with account history (they have the same date as Howard Cohen as last payment date) along with original credit agreement, letters chasing debt etc

Comment

I keep sending the same post accidentally - could the moderator please delete the last 2 replies?

Comment

Done xx

well this is bollocks

Please note that under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you are no longer required by law to pay £1.00 in order to request your credit agreement. Please find enclosed return of your £1.00 fee.
        Unless I've missed something major ( I haven't - the £1 fee is required to bring sec 77/78 request non compliance consequences into effect - they don't have to cash it but it does need to be sent)

Click image for larger version  Name:	645FA34C-A85D-48A8-BB5E-7B88045CDB67.png Views:	2 Size:	295.2 KB ID:	1457169
        Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

What was the default and last payment dates ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The default notice was served 22 July 2013. The last payment was 4 April 2013.

Comment

Ok so statute barred argument is dead then.... you know Tesco have the agreement so it is likely to be used in compliance with the cca request - does it look compliant ?( it's not hugely old so I'd guess it will be ).
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

How do I know whether it looks compliant? Im not sure what this means? The court letter stated they have 28 days to say whether they are going ahead and the solicitors said that their client will follow up with the original documentation. The 28 days are up this Sunday - shall I wait until Monday and call the court to see whether they are going ahead? Is the fact Hoist Finance haven't send me the original documentation by then have any implication?

Comment

I don't suppose you have looked at my last post? I'm feeling a bit fretful

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X