• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL Response to Defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good news. And you have the case law saying a pole is a mast too if they come back with that as an issue. The problem I think you may run into with the council is that the installation was a replacement installation for the original non working installation.

The DQ will ask if you want to go through mediation - if both parties say yes to that then there will be a three way telephone mediation session with a court mediator. Any agreement reached during that appointment would be written under a mediation agreement. If nothing is agreed then the claim would proceed.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst, Im certain that neither of the Park Wi-Fi installations had the correct permissions. They were both illegal!
      Ive opted for mediation in the DQ, but have no idea of what the other side want.
      Can I say that the Park is in North Essex, I am in South East Essex and the Solicitors are in Exeter! Ive chosen Southend on Sea Court. Thats rather a long way for a solicitor to come for what, a half hour meeting? .

Comment

Mediation would be on the phone, like a conference call, but you only talk to the mediator, and she ( usually) passes messages back and forth between the parties.

When/if you get to a hearing at whichever court the case gets allocated to then it's more likely to be a half or even full day hearing depending on the issues, and they may well instruct counsel to represent them in the hearing ( which is why you should be mindful of the costs issue ).
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes. Thanks again. The problem is Im getting more confident all the time. Dangerous. There is no Local Authority permission for the wifi, my pitch was invaded without notice, the regulations were not complied with re control. The Defendant hardly communicated.

I can support all of this. But yes, there are pitfalls all ove the place. Ill settle if possible.
          I think Ive got a genuine case, Ive tried to communicate as Ive said, doesnt that affect the award of costs, even if it doesnt go my way?
          Last edited by wormhandler; 8th December 2018, 09:19:AM.

Comment

Addition, Ive even emailed twice to discuss the DQ, and no response at all.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X