• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard/Egg Old debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard/Egg Old debt

I had an Egg credit card in 2002/3 and was transferred to Barclays in 2011 I think last payment was 2014 and I never heard anything till Hoist bought it last year.

They sent me a Pre Action Protocol April 2018 which I sent back and I requested CCA and statement.

After 5 months I received a letter from them Hoist with a letter from Barclay with a copy of CCA.

CCA is just a copy of Terms & Condition called Historic Terms & Condition which you can find on this fourm.

Please advise what I need to do next.

Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Are they Egg terms and conditions ? ( these ones https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...03-credit-card ) and do they include the additonal terms referred to within ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Many thanks for fast reply.

No this is not the one. It is 10 pages of T&C . I have attached them now.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry missed a page.
        Attached Files

Comment

I hope you can help me.

I received a Letter Of Claim from HOIST FINANCE UK HOLDINGS L LIMITED 2 weeks ago from Howard Cohen & Co for an Egg card debt from 2003 which they say was assigned to them in August 2018.

But last year I received the same letter but from HOIST PORTFOLIO HOLDINGS LIMITED with same reference and same address etc which they said the debt was assigned to them in May 2019.

I then asked for Full Agreement and Terms & Full statement of Account last year. I got a 5 pages of standard T&Cs without my name or address or any signature on it and I never heard from them again.

It is very clear that this is the same company and they just change their name slightly.

They could not supply any details to me last year and what happens now? do I just return the form again and ask for the same information?

Many thanks

Comment

I asked for statement and sent a SAR to Barclays months ago and just collected it. The balance started as zero in 2012 and shows zero in May 2019..there is no mention of any payments made..so what do I do now?

Comment

I just checked with checkmyfile, defaulted in Feb 2012 and dropped in Feb 2018. The balance was £2363 in Feb 2012 and the balance is the same now..

Comment

You can complete the reply to the letter of claim asking for the agreement, breakdown if amount claimed, details of the last payment, default notice, and inform them that you considered the debt to be statute barred. You could also send a CCA request to hoist finance as your last one went to hoist portfolio.

Your Barclays(egg) account will have been zeroed when they sold it originally to hoist portfolio So I don't think you can read too much into that. But you'd know if you've made other payments to Egg/Hoist after defaulting?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Many thanks for your help and will send CCA asap..no payments has been made since default but will check all my bank statement once again.

Comment

Hello again,* I sent*letter of claim and CCA etc back in July but did not heard anything for months not even a confirmation. This is the second time in 2 years that I sent*letter of claim form but nothing happens. 1 week ago I got a letter asking me to contact them to discuss the debt. They never sent any*documents to me for the last 2 years. I asked for statements & CCA but they never send anything..so what do I do now?* *many thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by magicaljems View Post
                      I just checked with checkmyfile, defaulted in Feb 2012 and dropped in Feb 2018. The balance was £2363 in Feb 2012 and the balance is the same now..
                      Hi,* I requested CCA twice in 2 years but they keep sending me letter of claim and I keep filling them but they never send any documents.* so what do I do?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X