• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISMISSED ** Lantern representing MMF set aside and defended but now this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** DISMISSED ** Lantern representing MMF set aside and defended but now this?

i had this set aside and filed a defence in september this year, ive now received all this and it says im back in court on the 28th. ive not recieved anything from the court yet. what should i do regards this?
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

What was the Order issued by the Court back in September?

Comment

And could you post a copy of the agreement pls.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

i defended it as all the "paperwork" and contacts were sent to an email address i stopped using years ago.

Comment

these were the original agreements
          Attached Files

Comment

the court set the judgemnt aside with my defence, they never showed up and the judge said there witness statement didnt prove enough, then set it aside and told me to wait on there further action.

Comment

Have you received an order from the court with the hearing date of the 28th ? and other directions ?

Have you received a copy of the original claim particulars at all? How much is the claim for?

Do you have the rest of the Witness Statement ? ( you've ended it at para 6 )
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

sorry heres the witness statement. ive heard nothing from the courts regards it at all, the first ive heard is of what the letter states.
                Attached Files

Comment

Okay, can you persevere in giving the court a call and tell them you have received a Witness Statement from the Claimant in the case which mentions a hearing on the 28th November and you are concerned that you haven't received notification of that hearing nor any directions from the court. Ask if they could send a copy of the order to you ( by email ?).

They are claiming £515 ( plus court fee?) - which is the original amount borrowed - and the interest and charge from the debt has been removed ( so would have been the £700 plus late payment charges otherwise ) - which presumably related to this https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-re...illion-redress ( which led to CFO going into Admin in April 17 and MMF buying the loan book )

Just to be pernickity ( sorry ) It's Moriarty Law representing Lantern ( who used to be called MMF ).
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I would still like to see what the Directions Order made on 11 September says?

Comment

ploddertom excuse my lack of knowledge but whats a direction order?

Comment

The order dated 11 September from the court that the witness statement refers to. It will give the hearing date on it.

Okay, can you persevere in giving the court a call and tell them you have received a Witness Statement from the Claimant in the case which mentions a hearing on the 28th November and you are concerned that you haven't received notification of that hearing nor any directions from the court. Ask if they could send a copy of the order to you ( by email ?).
                        mentioned here
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_33037.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	1434517

xx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

just an update, i attended court today and was informed by the judge that the claimant had sent a letter to court that they would be now attending after receiving my witness statement, but they didn't bother attending. The judge says that the witness statement they produced was full of holes and couldn't prove a thing so she said that the claim was dismissed and issued the claimant my travel and time cost's. So all in all a very productive morning, so thanks to all who advised me.

Comment

Congratulations xxx Nice one Judge, their WS was rather rubbish, particularly paragraph 5 lol. Did you point that stuff out in your WS ? I presume you found out why you hadn't been informed of the hearing and what the rest of the 11th Sept directions order said and then submitted your WS ? ( I know it's a bit irrelevant to you now but I'd like to know what happened there )

#staysafestayhome

Comment

i never received the paper work that the court had sent out in January, i made the judge aware and apologised, but she seemed to be more concerned at how poor there witness statement was, and on top of the fact they said they were not going to be present, then change their mind to say they were only to not even bother on the day. ill leave a copy of my statement attached just for your interest.
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X