• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds TSB lied and covered it up for years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB lied and covered it up for years

Years ago i had a loan but was made redundant out of the blue and went to claim on my PPI but was told i didn't have it and argued the case. Further down the line the loan and my account was put in default and CCJ's brought against me but years later it come to light it was an error with the banks computers or the only explanation they will give. I am arguing it had a big impact on my life having them against me but bank say as it was a while ago they can't be sure what i was told in the branch. They have since repaid me the PPI but that is not enough for the damage they did but any help or advice would be appreciated. I have been told to file a complaint with the courts as they give false information to the court upon applying for the CCJ's and although 6 years have passed they should not of been done in the first place. Many thanks to you all.
    Tags: None

What false information did Lloyds give to the court when they issued the CCJ ?

I very much doubt a complaint to the court would come to anything, it is basically, nothing to do with them.

So, Lloyds issue a claim against you when the account defaulted and obtained a CCJ. That was over 6 years ago so the judgment has fallen off the register. Did Lloyds do anyting to enforce the Judgment at the time ( charging order / attachment of earnings etc ? ). Need to know what the effect on you of the judgment was.

The reason the account went into default originally was because you were made redundant, and despite having PPI, they claimed you didn't and refused to pay out.

How long ago did you find out that Lloyds had buggered things up and admitted that you had had PPI ? Have they admitted it would have paid out at the time you tried to claim on it ? and what would the difference have been if it had paid out vs them denying it existed ?

Do you have a copy of the offer and acceptance of the repayment of PPI that you'd paid ? Presumably you've already accepted and received the money ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They told them i never had PPI as the court asked if i had insurance or had entered a repayment scheme and i found out 15 years after by a pure fluke when i was contacted by a PPI company over the loans and a credit card and it come to light i did have it and it seemed to be a computer error. I have been paid and accepted the amount the issue is the impact having the CCJ's against me at a young age meant i couldn't get bank accounts a mobile phone or any kind of credit and this is down to the banks error.

Comment

Okay so the original redundancy, request for the PPI to cover you, and then subsequent judgment against you was over 15 years ago?

Do you recall what happened with the CCJ - did you make monthly installment payments or anything ?

Had you have been able to claim on the PPI at the time you were made redundant would it have meant you didn't have any CCJ's etc. ( ie. was that your only debt that defaulted around the time ).

How much enquiring did you do at the time as to whether you had PPI ? ( was this on a loan / credit card ? ) Was it just a case of ringing them, asking, them saying no then that was it. It sounds like you attended the court hearing, so had you defended the claim at the time? and you argued you'd had the PPI ?

Sorry, really need more detail to know if you have any possibility at all of any recompense.

When was your refund and have you a copy of that letter and your acceptance? ( it may have had terms which bring to an end any other issues related )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The standard PPI compensation basis is completely wrong in this case. That is based on the notion the PPI was missold , and the compensation is to refund the premiums plus interest. Your case is that you had a valid claim that was wrongly turned down. As compensation you should have received the value of the claim they turned down plus interest plus compensation for consequential losses. Your PPI claim company ought to have obtained that for you, and if they merely obtained the standard amount they might have been negligent. Were they aware of what happened to you?

in any case, have you made a formal written complaint to Lloyds about this?

Comment

Originally posted by 2222 View Post
            The standard PPI compensation basis is completely wrong in this case. That is based on the notion the PPI was missold , and the compensation is to refund the premiums plus interest. Your case is that you had a valid claim that was wrongly turned down. As compensation you should have received the value of the claim they turned down plus interest plus compensation for consequential losses. Your PPI claim company ought to have obtained that for you, and if they merely obtained the standard amount they might have been negligent. Were they aware of what happened to you?

in any case, have you made a formal written complaint to Lloyds about this?
            Sorry for not coming back sooner as i have been locked in a massive battle with the bank. I didn't use a company i did it myself with the bank and they repaid the PPI on the loans and we argued for years after over the Credit card but it has since come to light that the bank has acted fraudulently on the PPI policies and that the policy is now void because of the bank so now having further battles as they are trying to force me to accept the premium back plus 8% which i refused.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X