• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N244 Help PLEASE !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N244 Help PLEASE !

Hello ,
    I sure hope someone could give me some advice please.

I am currently filing a N244 form to SET ASIDE & STAY OF EXECUTION ... its a rather long story but I bid and won on an auction site in December 2017, Shortly after I was sent to treatment residential due to my mental health for 3 months.

In May I begin receiving phone calls about debt which has increased to over £600 , I immediately emailed the creditor and explained my circumstances, financial difficulty , unemployment due to mental illness and that I was receiving benefits now whilst recovering. They were made aware of what law classifies as Vulnerabilities .

I had no problem in paying the original debt of £342.00 and said I would make payment on 29th May when I received some money. On May 23rd I experienced another breakdown ( Am currently being assessed for Bipolar however its a long process) I have had severe depression for 20 + years ( all can be proved by Doctor and my medical history) during these downs I cannot complete daily activities or function very well, Paying the fee was not my priority, trying to get through each hour was !

This episode lasted a while and it was terrible, probably one the worst iv'e experienced.

Yesterday a HCE officer visits my parents home ( where I used to live) and leaves a letter for me ( removal of assets. He explains that letters were sent here , parents explained that they usually bin anything that comes for me. Apparently a CCJ has been ordered and they were there to remove assets ! Parents didn't give my address , although they can trace and i'm sure I will hear from them soon.

I would like to file a N244... Do i have grounds to? Set aside and stay of execution?

The amount from a £342.00 debt is now £2488.22, I am out of work , clinical depression and cannot afford this! I also have 2 dependents. The Claimant was made aware of my situation yet they still sought further action? Is that allowed?

Any advice would be appreciated , I am currently filing in the N244 forms and writing a witness statement and I will go and file it tomorrow ( Friday) at the district county court and ask for an emergency hearing?

Please help....

Thank you ...

Tags: None

You'll need some background of what the auction was and the terms of the auction house or online site to be able to look at your defence. That your health deteriorated quickly after conclusion of the auction should be taken into account but we will need to look at the terms if at all possible. Is the claimant the auction house or a debt company ?

You're doing the right thing apply to set aside the judgment and suspend the Warrant. Did you get that filed at the court okay ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X