• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bailife here for my son

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailife here for my son

Hello everyone
    few weeks ago i was visited by a high court enforcement officer. he was here for my son who doesnt live here since years ago
    and he was looking for him about a debt from manchester university. he show me a fake warrant to enter and take stuff but told
    him this is fake and go away. but today he came back and i did not open the door.
    i want to know is there anyway to stop him from harassing as he was even knocking on next doors and asking them question.
    i show him my ID to make sure i am not my son.
    Tags: None

What makes you believe the warrant is fake ?

Do you know who he is acting for? or what the original debt was ?

Did you get any details ( such as a claim or reference number ) - does your son know anything about what this is ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

the warrant was dodgy and when i told him he just leave. they are acting on behalf of manchester metro university and yes
      there is claim number and their ref number. i have tried to contact my son but he should have changed his number.
      we do not see each other offten.
      Attached Files

Comment

ploddertom

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

HCE is a standard firm of debt collectors with a rather menacing name.

Their website says:
          "We've got over 200 dedicated employees .... Our 15 authorised High Court Enforcement Officers and national team of Enforcement Agents ...."

So, only 15 authorised officers out of 200 staff, and the chances are very high that the guy who visited was not in fact a High Court officer, but an "Enforcement Agent" with some basic training.

The letter he handed to you is just a standard debt collection scare letter, threatening all sorts of action that won't happen.

In particular, they are not entitled to enter your home and they can't take your stuff to satisfy your son's debts.

The guy has been twice without getting anywhere, so I can't see any point in him returning. If he does, don't let him in, but I think it's unlikely you'll see him again.

You can't really stop him talking to the neighbours. I think that shows he's believed you, and he's just pumping the neighbours for info about your son's address.

Comment

Surely the header claiming "In the High Court of Justice Queen's Bench Division... on transfer from Norwich County Court" implies that a writ of control (or at least permission to issue one) has already been granted but HCE know that your address isn't a proper address for service?

They surely know that if they have to find the address themselves there's no point attempting execution of the writ there as you'd have the right to get it stayed and apply for a set aside, so are angling for a voluntary surrender of rights instead...

Comment

thank you all for your help. but is there any way to cancel this ? solicitor?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X