• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit card debts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card debts

I had credit cards debts 11years ago and I paid them all off 10 years ago. Unfortunately I threw paperwork out about 18mknghs ago. I have now received ccjs and debt collection agencies demanding money. I have started a payment plan as they were threatening ccs and bailiffs but I know I paid them. Is there anything I can do??i know they wee paid as I remortgagedmy house to pay them and not had any cards since. I paid the original companies but it looks like the balance I paid has not been updated and my accounts sold into collection companies how can I challenge these please help
    Tags: None

more info what companies chasing/original debt owner/ last paid / CCJ information/ defended or not

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

payment plan who with ==-???? you already paid off yeras ago you state???

Comment

Original debts were with capital one, Barclay card, I had no payment plan set up. I paid outstanding balances to clear the accounts 10years ago when I remortgaged to pay the debts. Could the debt have been sold prior to me paying and not notified when I paid original companies? Sgsfxan I do to check and challenge the payment plans that have now been set up as I don’t owe thus money but got no evidence I paid them?

Comment

how did you pay them for starters?

Comment

I paid over the telephone using my debit card

Comment

Subject Access Request to Capitol One,Barclaycard to prove as you stated you paid the original creditors in full.

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter = no fee send RECORDED DELIVERY SIGNED FOR

contact bank for old statements if they got them for that periods?

Comment

Definitely get SARs off to the original creditors, and also your bank statements from when you remortgaged and think that you settled the debts. You would need to get the judgments set aside if they have obtained them without your having received the claim forms but will need to show you have a reasonable chance of success at defending.

Any idea how you hadn't received the original claims? Were they brought at a previous address ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X