• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link financial - 40% discount offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link financial - 40% discount offer

Hi all

I have a question regarding Link Financial.

I have received a letter regarding an alleged credit card debt, stating the following:

"We have not had contact for you from some time and appreciate that this may be down to you experiencing financial difficulty. Therefore we would like to offer you some assistance by giving you the opportunity to settle your account with a 40% discount on your balance. The opportunity to clear this account for the sum of £XXXX is a one off offer and is only available for a period of 30 days from the date of the letter"

"If you chose to accept the offer, upon receipt and clearance of the payment we will update your credit file accordingly to show that you have made a partial settlement. The Credit Reference Agency information lasts for a period of six years therefore settling your account may improve your credit score."

"If you are unable to pay the discounted amount but want to start making payments to your account then we would welcome you to call us to set up a repayment plan that will be affordable for you. Please call us immediately on ..... to speak with a member of the team. Alternatively, you can visit our website at .... to complete a Personal Budget Plan online and submit your offer of payment."

Can anyone please tell me what Link Financials next steps may be? And what you think my next steps should be? Should I send a letter to request they provide further information given I have no recollection of the debt, or should I wait to hear from them again? I'm unsure of their process so any and all advice appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Tags: None

This appears to be standard fayre for DCA's and unless you plan to settle at this stage it isn't really worth engaging them.

It is worth sending a Subject Access Request Letter to the original creditor to see what information they have got, this will give you an idea of what Link are likely to have, ask for copies of:

Original Credit Agreement
    Notice of Default
    Notice of Assignment to Link Financial
    Full history of account
    any and all other information you hold of me

If you receive a letter before action then come back for further advice.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X