• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

***** WON ***** Asset Collections/Lending Stream Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks for that much appreciated.

No they have just said Lending Stream unfortunately.

I will respond to both the court and the claimant today as instructed by the county court and await their response.

Thanks and Kind regards

Comment

Good good, unfortunately for them as if they'd said who the actual loan was with it might have been recognisable.

some of their names ( only for interest )

Click image for larger version

Name:	85481182-D636-40B4-A1AE-256F961AED3C.png
Views:	1
Size:	362.6 KB
ID:	1431605

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	38455BD8-D75A-4892-869B-F6557F065CEF.png
Views:	1
Size:	476.6 KB
ID:	1431608 You should ( outside chance ) get a copy of their witness statement too
        hope you don't though...

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi how did this turn out please as currently going through the same thing with this company. Just had the court claim form through the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha74 View Post
            Hi how did this turn out please as currently going through the same thing with this company. Just had the court claim form through the post.
            start your own thread so no mix ups??

Comment

Am due in court this afternoon at 2pm today in relation to this. The claimant has filed a witness statement but states they are not attending. There is inconsistencys with the dates provided on the witness statement and the credit agreement provided and the fact of the matter is the debt is over 6 years old and I have had no communication with them so hopefully the judge throws it out. Lets see. Will update tomo

Comment

Gosh, very good luck this afternoon.

the debt is over 6 years old
                so this in your defence
                3: As the alleged debt is from 2010 it is my contention that, if any sums were due, which is denied, the debt would be statute barred pursuant to section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 in that no payment or acknowledgement has been made in the previous 6 years.

should be more than enough to have the claim dismissed.

Have they argued against that in their witness statement at all? Default Date mention etc ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

In thier witness statement they claim i was loaned the money on 19/5/13 although in the contract the havr exhibited the date of the agreement is stated as 14/9/10 and this is the date orginally quoted on the claim form so the date on the witness statement is incorrect

Comment

You'll likely have to explain that to the Judge, but otherwise if that's just an obvious ''typo'' (probably a poorly edited template) you should be absolutely fine with Stat Barred.

Had you submitted your witness statement ?

At the end remember to ask him / her if you can request your costs for the day ( travel, parking, time off work ). Likely to be a max of £95 overall.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hope things are going okay for you LJ xxx
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just like to report back that the county court judge threw the case out yesterday afternoon and awarded me 67 pounds in compensation. Many thanks to everyone on this forum for thier invaluable advice. Much appreciated

Comment

well done

Comment

Originally posted by Londonjay View Post
                            Just like to report back that the county court judge threw the case out yesterday afternoon and awarded me 67 pounds in compensation. Many thanks to everyone on this forum for thier invaluable advice. Much appreciated
                            Well, there's a shock Congratulations ! Fingers crossed they actually pay you the costs awarded - if they haven't within 14 days then write to them ( they likely won't know until the court gets round to sending them a copy of the judgment )

Well done for not letting Asset ( or the courts) intimidate you out of sticking up for yourself.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X