• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Claim form recieved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Claim form recieved

Hi all thanks for letting me join,

Complex one for me anyway.

Received a claim form from lowell portfolio ltd issue date 18th April 2018 a few days ago for an original capital one debt (c one agreement taken out dec 2007, assigned to the claimant on oct 2013)

Total Amount of claim with fees is just over a £1000.

The complex bit is I "3 lettered this" a few years back (advice elsewhere) and stopped paying the agreed nominal sum I had been until then. However during this spell I had a serious brain injury a long spell in hospital and slowly have started to setup arrangements with all my debtors (a lot) again for a nominal fee a month. I paid this particular debt last month and another payment has left my account today.

I also have two other accounts with lowell which stops my first thought which was offering a reduced lump sum via a family member (not even sure I can do that at this stage?). Problem with this if Lowell see this I presume they will up the pressure on the other two (being paid nominally agreed monthly amounts no letters all agreed)

All in all a bit confused. I cant travel to court due to health reasons even a local one without massive difficulty.

All help appreciated I know I need to deal with this soon but no idea whether I should defend in full in a part or not at all. Probably needless to say my credit has been shot to bits for years so no worries there
    Tags: None

Forgot to add I contacted Lowell Solicitors via email Monday as yet no reply asking for clarity

Comment

any clues sorry If I am doing something wrong

Comment

CCA Request never talk to lowells on the phone they are only phone jockeys paid to intimidate and get cash, come here 1st before any action get that one off Recorded Delivery to-day keep copy on file and receipt, sure others will advise also

Comment

Originally posted by worriedasick View Post
          any clues sorry If I am doing something wrong
          well the 1st clue is ringing the fleecers, read last para

Comment

Hi

So you have received a claim form?

First step is to acknowledge the claim, this can be done online. You have 19 days from the date on the claim form to do this. This then gives you a further 14 days for filing a defence.

Next step is to send a CCA request which Mike has linked for you- This goes to lowell portfolio with the £1 fee.

Could you type out the particulars of claim - do not include any reference numbers and just put the approx amount- £1000 I think

This will help people suggest what you can ask for in your CPR 31.14 request.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X