• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors court adjournment advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell solicitors court adjournment advice

Hi,
    looking for some advice, I recently went to county court to fight a debt that Lowel solicitors have picked up from BT for leaving a phone contract early. This was 5 years ago and I didn’t leave early it was agreed I could go for a poor service I received from them. Anyway last year Lowell picked this up which as far as I was aware wasn’t an issue, but by have sadly got no evidence except a final bill on the account which Lowell think is enough to win.
    Anyway an initial court hearing never happened as the court struck out the claim early due to a lack of fees being paid, turns out it was a court error and I then received a amended date to go. The issue is I didn’t provide a witness statement due this error as the second appointment never mentioned it and I am not an expert in these matters so I wasn’t aware. The court accepted this and adjourned, giving me 7 days to provide evidence, that or I accepted full responsibility for the claim. Lowell asked for their fees of £175 to be added if it was adjourned, which to be honest I felt was unfair as it was the courts error that led me there. The judge agreed and added it in, my question is Lowell told me outside I have 14 days to pay the £175 or I automatically lose, is this true or is it awarded based on them winning at the end. The judge didn’t give me any advice on this so I am not sure if I should trust them.
    Tags: None

lowells trust - simple NEVER

Comment

This was awarded at hearing - Lowell's costs for attending - so they are payable I'm afraid - the case was adjourned due to your error ( in essence ) and had that not occurred the case wouldn't have been adjourned ( thus wasting the day ) - these things don't seem fair but seems the judge agreed with Lowell on the day - have you had the order from the court as yet ?

( they are separate costs from the actual claim against you tho so not paying them doesn't mean you lose - so if Lowell told you that it was a bit naughty )

on on the main case - have you managed to get anything off of BT to back up your defence ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        This was awarded at hearing - Lowell's costs for attending - so they are payable I'm afraid - the case was adjourned due to your error ( in essence ) and had that not occurred the case wouldn't have been adjourned ( thus wasting the day ) - these things don't seem fair but seems the judge agreed with Lowell on the day - have you had the order from the court as yet ?

( they are separate costs from the actual claim against you tho so not paying them doesn't mean you lose - so if Lowell told you that it was a bit naughty )

on on the main case - have you managed to get anything off of BT to back up your defence ?
        Bt don’t have anything on record, Lowell’s told me that themselves, I have some complaint emails about the bad connection which lowels have said in there witness statement BT have no record of, I am hoping this proves Bt s records are incorrect. He issue is this was 5 years ago, never had anything from BT over it, just happens to be that lowel have purchased it and hope they can get money out of me I never owed. I don’t have the order yet, is this important, will it detail what I need to do.
        Last edited by Roger1411; 11th March 2018, 19:49:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X