• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow/restons taking me to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow/restons taking me to court

im neww please help

8 years ago i paid of my halifax credit card with help from my mother

recently started getting letters on my redirection from arrow dca saying i owe 15,000! i never owed that much it was my credit limit. i cut up the card too so i couldnt use it again

i ignored their letters as they dont know my phone number, email new address or job etc i live with my mum. now i got a letter from restons solicitors/arrow saying they going to court on the 2 jan 2018

i checked all my bank statements, no payments gone out for them i changed banks years ago and any direct debits would have transfeered over to new bank account

the letter said i had a late payment in july 2015 and defaulted. i paid it all off in 2009 i got a mortgate in 2010 and no way would i have got that ifi owed 15k!

its really upset me

i went to cab and ive been given conflicting advice someone said print off a template letter saying i dont accept liability etc and ask them for proof i owe this debt etc

the national debtline says if i contact them its like admitting guilt and will reset the clock as i should be statue barred after all this time

i dont want to contact them as then they will know i have read their mails

i piad it off but dont have proof as i moved house few times since 2009

im sure its an error can dca be so evil that they would even stoop so low as to pay a pound to keep the debt open and get money from me?
    i simply dont have that sort of money and could never afford it on my wages

i checked my credit file and its clean no defaults no ccjs so surely ifi owed the money it would have defaulted on my credit file? i also checked my file few years ago too nothing

im very anxious over this and not sleeping or eating properly

what do i do

do i just ignore it as they dont have my address if i hadnt had the redirection i wouldnt have known

advice please thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow/restons taking me to court

Originally posted by thecatlady666 View Post
    now i got a letter from restons solicitors/arrow saying they going to court on the 2 jan 2018
    Does Restons letter threaten to take you to court if you don't respond by 2nd January 2018 (perhaps a Letter Before Claim) or has a county court claim been issued by them and served on you at your old address?

Di

Comment

no ccj served just says court action by 2jan wanted to know my incomings outcomings etc
      have you heard of restons? im innocent

Comment

Originally posted by thecatlady666 View Post
        no ccj served just says court action by 2jan wanted to know my incomings outcomings etc
        have you heard of restons?
        Yes I have heard of Restons, and they have heard of me/my firm.

Perhaps it would make sense for you to send a formal s 77-79 CCA Request to Arrow (the current debt owner) which would render the debt unenforceable in court until or unless they can comply.

At the same time send a copy of it to Restons solicitors.

This forum has a template letter here > https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

No need to complete Restons Income & Expenditure form. Is their letter a 'Letter Before Claim' asking you to tick various boxes if you dispute the debt etc?

Di

Comment

in doing so wouldnt that bed like admitting liability?

Comment

You are disputing that you owe them anything, not admitting that a debt exists.

You are going to have to contact them at some time.

Comment

i dont owe it and it was never that amount

im innocent why should i contact them?

what wouldyou do

Comment

If you don't contact them then there is a good chance that they would proceed to court and win by default and they can then send the bailiffs round etc and it would then be difficult to get out of it.

Do as Diana has suggested and send a CCA request. You can also tell them that you deny any debt to them. Don't expand, just keep it simple. They have to provide the original agreement, which is what the CCA request is about. If they can't find those original documents then they can't proceed. If they do eventually find an agreement it needs to be checked to see if it applies to you and contains all the required wording. It may show up that they are chasing the wrong person, they've mixed up the office paperwork

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                  If you don't contact them then there is a good chance that they would proceed to court and win by default and they can then send the bailiffs round etc and it would then be difficult to get out of it.

Do as Diana has suggested and send a CCA request. You can also tell them that you deny any debt to them. Don't expand, just keep it simple. They have to provide the original agreement, which is what the CCA request is about. If they can't find those original documents then they can't proceed. If they do eventually find an agreement it needs to be checked to see if it applies to you and contains all the required wording. It may show up that they are chasing the wrong person, they've mixed up the office paperwork

but they dont know my new address

they already said they dont have my original agreement

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X