• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worried about RLPFine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
    somebody bans me then they would be banned by me for the rest of my days, Want to genuinely save money - never shop in M&S, their prices are well over the top and substandard by many other cheaper brands. never ever pay for a name (means nothing and no advantage)
    I know and I agree, but I quite like their food, and it sucks when you feel like you aren't allowed (legally) to step into one of their stores ever again. A lifetime ban is a lot to deal with and get used to.

Comment

@des8

Comment

You can still go into their stores.
        It would not be illegal in the sense of a criminal act, only an act of trespass which is a civil tort.
        As long as you don't do anything criminal whilst there, they can only ask you to leave.

Yes, what you did was wrong, but who among us can honestly say that they have never done something wrong/
        What you both did was extraordinarily minor... it wasn't like the Great Train Robbery.
        You mustn't allow self reproach to ruin your life

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          You can still go into their stores.
          It would not be illegal in the sense of a criminal act, only an act of trespass which is a civil tort.
          As long as you don't do anything criminal whilst there, they can only ask you to leave.

Yes, what you did was wrong, but who among us can honestly say that they have never done something wrong/
          What you both did was extraordinarily minor... it wasn't like the Great Train Robbery.
          You mustn't allow self reproach to ruin your life
          thank you so much for the kind words.

I haven't told anyone about it so being able to post here and get answers and reassurance has been a great help xx

Comment

Hi I received all the letters listed from RLP the last one was November.I received a text message today from CCL asking me (politely ) to call them.Am I ok to block their number ? I wanted to check if anything had changed as I had a little wobble when I received it.To be honest I'd hoped that RLP hadn't passed it on as it was a small amount.Thanks and regards

Comment

Who is CCL ?

Comment

I googled CCL they are a County Collections Ltd .I have not seen them mentioned on your sight best regards

Comment

#site

Comment

County Collections partners with your company to provide total debt management solutions that act as an extension of your own credit management culture.

Comment

I suspect they've just changed collection agencies from Capital Resolve to CCL - maybe a better price for them... any chance of a pic of the letter for the 'examples' thread ? - and to see if it actually is anything necessary to reply to ( unlikely ). Or was it just a text?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It was just a text asking me to call regarding my "outstanding account" with RLP.Is it best not to block the number to see what else I receive ?

Comment

Depends what you'd find less stressful.... either getting the texts and seeing what they say, or blocking them and worrying whether they've tried to send something 'important' etc. Basically - I'd block it and completely ignore it if it were me and see if a letter comes through post at some point. It took them 3 months to send the text after the last letter so I doubt you'll start being deluged with letters again. As per the examples, sending it to a debt collection company after the 4/5 letters from RLP is par for the course, usually a couple letters then they kick it back to RLP and that should be that.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. In the unlikely event it is referred to the county court would the courts write to me and give me the option of paying without attending ? ( I'm over thinking again) .I didn't pay the original £95 as a matter of principle but don't want to pay an inflated charge

Comment

They won't "refer" it to court.
                              IF they were to initiate court action, before they take that step they have to follow the PreAction Protocol (https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...s/debt-pap.pdf) so you would get plenty of warning

Comment

Plus it would have to be Superdrug who took the court action which may be slightly poor PR for them over a £6.99 box of hairdye that they recovered for re-sale before you left the shop.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X