• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP letter

Hi all I really did some advise and help. I did something stupid , I stole from primark and was issued a letter written RLP on it , saying that I would be fined. If I don’t pay the fine , does it affect my dbs or credit check ? And I would be applying for a permanent residence card Cos am just a temporary resident, would it affect me when my dbs would be checked? Please am in a dilemma, and I don’t want my husband to find out , and I also wanna know what will be written on the envelope of the letter sent to my address, would it be just my name and address or will RLP logo be on the envelope ? Cos my husband don’t read my letters.
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

RLP cannot fine people.
    In the UK only courts issue fines, certain public authorities can issue fixed penalties.
    RLP can only invite you to pay their invoice for dreamt up losses
    Just ignore them and eventually they will go away and write letters to some other person.
    Scary letters, but nothing to worry about.

I believe their envelopes carry a small logo

Comment

Not had one of these for a while.. nothing more to add to what Des says other than they a scumbag chancers.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thx So much , am relaxed now , am still concerned about the envelope though and hope it’s not going to be written RLP on it

Comment

RLP send four or five letters, then possibly refer it to a debt collector who send a couple before they give up.
          The letters can be read here: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...rs-rlp-and-dwf

So for five or six months you are going to be on tenterhooks wondering if your OH will find out.
          Obviously don't know the strength of your relationship, but generally we find it is less stressful to ask for partner's support.
          A few moments of embarrassment against 6 months of stress

Comment

Hi . I have the same issue, however i gave my old address to the security guard. They only have my name , date of birth and picture. There was no police involved. Can i get a update about what happened to sphiawin after ignoring the letters because im so nervous about it and i wanted to go back to change the address. Btw im 16 years old

Comment

forget it, unless you heard something end of if you did fill a hole with the letter - nothing is happening just silly childish threats , they got thrashed in court once and unlikely to want another thrashing, you are a minor no police no more worry.

Comment

Thank you

Do you have any updates on people who ignored the letter? Because im really nervous for my future and this was my first and last time doing it. I just want to get rid of it .

Comment

none I know of come back with any problems to report!

Comment

Don't get updates as nothing ever happens.
                    Peeps receive a series of letters, sometimes one or two from a debt collector and then nothing more
                    Cease worrying and get on with your life

Comment

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...42#post1435742

an update of sorts xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Does anyone know whether the RLP logo comes up on the envelopes?

Comment

if does could mean:- Railway line Passenger get the drift?

Comment

Originally posted by Notram865 View Post
                            Does anyone know whether the RLP logo comes up on the envelopes?
                            It used to in small discreet lettering, but i haven't heard recently.

Comment

Does anyone know how long they take to come? I was caught in 4th december 2018 and still havent heard anything?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X