• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Application fee for change of name of a party and increase of amount claimed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application fee for change of name of a party and increase of amount claimed?

Would it be £100 - a Without Consent application?
    Tags: None

£255 is without consent - £100 is with consent
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Oh. Okay. And does changing the total claimed require their consent?

Comment

It is always better to deal with consent before making an application - is this related to a previous thread ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

No asking for someone at work.

Comment

Ok. Few q's to ask then.

What is the change of name ? Is it misspelt or was the claim brought against the wrong party ?

Has a defence been filed ?

Why is there an increase in the sum claimed ?

Is the claim for under £10k ?

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok. Few q's to ask then.

What is the change of name ? Is it misspelt or was the claim brought against the wrong party ?

Not a mis-spelling. She was told the wrong name to file against, by the company employees themselves.
              It’s the same company, just a different division., i.e. she needs to change the name to the specific name for the specific division she wants to claim against.

Has a defence been filed?

Yes. They pointed out the wrong entity was named.

Why is there an increase in the sum claimed ?

Again, employees of the company stated the wrong amount owed to her and she only found out after making the claim that they misinformed her.

Is the claim for under £10k ?

Yes.

Comment

This claim was struck out because MCOL couldn’t get their acts together and file my friends DQ properly.

Can she just start the claim again but name the other company as the ones she is taking on?

Technically, as they claimed she sued the wrong company in the first place, I think that means a new claim against a different named company would be a new claim? i.e. not second bite of the cherry?

Comment

What happened with the DQ ? When did she find out it was struck out ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

They misplaced it. Found out yesterday.

She can complain and possibly get it reinstated, but figures she might just as well pay £105 and name the right entity in a new claim?

Comment

so is a new claim okay, do you think?

Comment

Anyone? She’s desperate.

Comment

Ok, the claim has been struck out - due to the DQ not having been filed - however it had been brought against the wrong entity originally ( according to the defendants ). The court are aware that the strike was an error as she's enquired about the DQ not being filed when it had been.

Do you have a copy of the defence ? and the order striking out the claim ? As the DQ was filed and the court made an error in striking out the case a complaint should get it reinstated. What we need to do is look at this 'wrong entity' part - is it actually a different company ? Has she checked companies house ? What is the claim for ? It sounds like she's relying a lot on what employees of the company tell her so she should ensure she is masking a correct claim. As this struck out claim was struck after defence the other side could ask for wasted costs, it is unlikely, but we'd rather know something about the case before she throws more money at it either filing a new claim to a different party or complaining about the strike, having the claim reinstated and applying to amend the defendant and amount.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay thank you Really helpful. It wouldn’t be second bite of the cheery if she field the same POC but against the different company then?

Comment

I don't believe so, no, if it truly is a different entity.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X