• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Data Breach ? any advice appreciated ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I spend time on reporting them to the ICO does anyone know -

I bought a car off the limited company.They only appear to keep paper records which contain name address email phone number.
    They dont appear to be registered with ICO. One of the directors uses a hotmail email account - in fact all the staff appear to use it (Directors).They have emailed me business documents from the private email account - but they are sending company paperwork invoices PDI etc through email. They have contacted Legal solutions 4 U .co.uk - a third party legal "entity" and provided them with my email address and name. they did not tell me what they would do with my data. They did not ask or inform me they were passing my personal data to another company is there anything i can do - I did not consent they dont even know their obligations under the CRA 2015 why else would you use LS4u.co.uk ? - I dont like my data being shared as I have worked in the public sector / services and have been involved with some pretty nasty people it is good this ICO exists - I dont appear in the Electoral register due to concern over my safety if address got out - I have to get a form signed for Voters by s senior police officer every year or so. Not just looking to have crack at the car dealer but am concerned about my data becoming public - any advice ?? thanks

Comment

Legitimate interest will likely cover it - https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...terests-basis/

You could send SARS ( Subject Access Request under data protection act /GDPR) to both the legal co and the traders to see what data of yours has been shared and whether it would be legitimately shared. Also have a look on the register of data controllers to see if both / either are registered and you could complain about that to the ICO if they aren't.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X