• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Data Breach ? any advice appreciated ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Breach ? any advice appreciated ...

Hi

I am involved in a dispute over a used car - different post. The car dealer has supplied my Christian Name and Surname to a third party firm called Legalsolutions4u.co.uk a rather unsavoury company who thrive on solving used car complaints. Awful company run by a sole trader who is banned from being a solicitor, company director till 2025 and convicted fraudster £29 million..

His name is Malcolm Graham solicitor from Gateshead ... beware of his company ...

This guy operates as a sole trader. I am appalled at the treatment received from dealer and 3rd party.

The car dealer without my permission has given LS4U my email address and my name etc does this contravene the GDPR or DPA ?? - LS4U say I gave them permission to contact me ?? I did not !

The company website is down at the moment - as he has had to rebuild it as anyone looking at the site would think they were dealing with a legal company when these people contact them. Has been warned by the Advertising Standards Authority to change his website.

I would suggest that anyone buying a used car asks if the dealer actually resolves disputes him her self - as a lot of used car dealer are using this bottom feeder to deflect their obligations under the CRA 2015.

I have made a range of complaints to various authorities due to the aggressive and unwanted attention from these bottom feeders .. one of their staff was identified and found to be working a Mc Donalds weeks ago ! same person is now acting like a qualified Solicitor ...

So any advice would be appreciated ... and thank you ...
    Tags: None

Comment

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...11430/officers

??

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...ficant-control
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

No ,... this company is not associated with Legalsolutions4u.co.uk ... that company is a legal company which is often confused with the company run by Malcolm Graham. Graham is not part of the company as he is banned ... the company you mention has a disclaimer on it s website.

https://www.legalsolutions4u.biz/disclaimer

He must be fed up with a sole trader using a similar name ...

Its this company hassling me but their website is down due to complaints about it.

https://www.legalsolutions4u.co.uk/

Two different companies - one limited one clearly not ....

Facebook page gives a flavour of what LS4U.co.uk are about ... sadly

https://en-gb.facebook.com/LegalSolu...MotorTradeLaw/

Comment

Ok, but take another look at that pic on post #2.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Admin error i assure you .. the term Ltd should not appear ...

can i ask if you know if their actions are legal ?

Comment

Your original agreement with the car trader will possibly have something re third parties or it will be deemed legitimate interest ( in this case assisting with legal support).

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...terests-basis/

They aren't holding themselves out as solicitors are they ?

Any sign of the traders defence to your claim yet ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo14LMP View Post

can i ask if you know if their actions are legal ?
                LS4U, you mean?

What actions do you mean?

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ls4u ( the Malcom graham one ) doesn't seem to be on the register of data controllers - potentially you could make a complaint / express your concerns to the ICO

wayback archive link on the website - https://web.archive.org/web/20190128...o.uk/about-us/ - of which the current version is likely down currently due to your ASA complaint that has been informally resolved.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

LS4U, you mean?

What actions do you mean?
                    Yes I mean these people ...

Complaint was resolved informally but at least they are suffering hassle and cost now as well .... and he had better comply with the regulations as he is being watched ! time and hassle for them ...

They do not implicitly say they are solicitors but the site would have appeared like it did to me that they are trying to portray themselves to people - people without much knowledge as a legal entity solicitors - but their site looked like a solicitor type site. They did have small wording to say "sole trader" we are not regulated by the SRA etc.

Their letters (emails) are worded like legal papers .. would but aggressive demanding I proof things like phone calls etc.

No sign of their defence yet but Im sure it s on its way ... last day for submitting tomorrow ... but 4 days to be posted out at least the court have told me.

Im sure they will come up with some nonsense .. matter of principle but need my money back as I have so many hospital appointments and my wife has just been diagnosed with a small brain tumor (meningioma) so I need to be back on the road.

Im cursing these pond feeders to be honest ... reported to trading standards too they knew of the man when I spoke to them well aware of him they are ...

Im still gonna fight these people though .. matter of principle now - will be back here when defence arrives ... bit worried though - as the taking the car back could be a problem for me (not doing so I mean)

Comment

]Ls4u ( the Malcom graham one ) doesn't seem to be on the register of data controllers - potentially you could make a complaint / express your concerns to the ICO

Hes not that daft he is registered ... Registration number: ZA360663 .....

He was a solicitor ...
                      Last edited by Apollo14LMP; 25th February 2019, 20:51:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo14LMP View Post
                        No sign of their defence yet but Im sure it s on its way ... last day for submitting tomorrow ... but 4 days to be posted out at least the court have told me.
                        5 days if the court claim is via Money Claim On Line.

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Been doing some research - checked the ICO register - cannot find the dealer !! I have checked the ICO register for their "showroom compound address" I have also checked the registered address - a firm of accountants - there were a number of companies with ICO registration at that address - car company not one of them.

Rang ICO and even IF I did consent they should have told me , inform me that my name and email address were being shared.. first I knew was the pond feeders inboxing me ..

So I just need to know if the car dealer is registered or not .. as they may think they are exempt keeping paper records or forgot to register - they don't know how to deal with disputes and / or people … If they have shared my data and not registered in this manner there has to b a penalty ??

Comment

The GDPR introduces a duty on all organisations to report certain types of personal data breach to the relevant supervisory authority
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If you have a concern about the way an organisation has handled your personal information or you have an issue accessing information from a public body, you can report it to the ICO. You can report nuisance calls and spam texts to the ICO using this reporting tool. Report spam texts and cold calls to us and help us stop nuisance marketing messages.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X