• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED** queenofhearts v BPS - ** DISCONTINUED **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: queenofhearts v BPS - hearing date 6 May - rec'd RH's WS - prep skels

In this case the defendant had already submitted a costs application and schedule with her skeleton and she's asked the court to hear the case either with or without her, so we'll find out what the deal is in the morning.
    Last edited by EXC; 5th May 2015, 17:56:PM.

Comment

Re: queenofhearts v BPS - hearing date 6 May - rec'd RH's WS - prep skels

The hearing has been cancelled, no notice of discontinuance has been filed although the claimant has informed the defendant their intention to discontinue on 'compassionate grounds'.

Had they any compassion they would have discontinued when they received the initial defence detailing QoH's health issues, so that is pure rubbish IMO and they decided to discontinue a couple hours after they received the skeleton arguments in preparation for today's hearing, within 24 hours of the hearing.

The Judge is still going to read the papers today but we don't need to attend, and he will write to us if he has any orders/comments on the case. We're still crossing fingers for a costs order, but that's winging it a little.

But for now it is over

Congrats to QueenofHearts xx

Dear Ms x,

Our representative has just forwarded me a copy of your Witness Statement noting the medical condition that you have.

Whilst we are confident in our claim, that the service has been provided in full and that we would be successful in securing judgement in our favour we can confirm that on compassionate grounds we sent a letter to the court last Thursday to discontinue the claim. Therefore there is no requirement for you or a representative to attend the hearing tomorrow as this has been cancelled.

Please keep this email as confirmation that you do not owe our company any funds and that your details will shortly be removed from our system.

Kind Regards

Amanda Kirkman
      UK Services & Support
      Support Department
      Tel: 0161 663 0072
      Fax: 0203 0120 254
      E-mail: mailto:enquiries@britishpassportservices.org.uk?su bject=Passport%20Question
      Web: http://www.BritishPassportServices.co.uk
      Last edited by Amethyst; 18th May 2015, 18:00:PM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: ** DISCONTINUED** queenofhearts v BPS - hearing date 6 May

Congrats to ALL concerned xx

Comment

Well done!... let's hope you get costs too!!

Comment

I do hate waiting, and although we know we've won. it's still going to drive me potty waiting for the confirmation from the court and any orders as to costs. AND of course I guess there's the possibility, as RH hadn't formally discontinued before the hearing, that we lost ........ inside my mindddddddddd .... so hope the Judge gets a wiggle on. Much prefer going to the hearing and finding out there and then.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Would it have been better not make the point to the court about RH's fictitious discontinuation, and just let it go ahead with an attended hearing anyway?

Appreciate QOH etc may not have wanted that and/or maybe reasons why not, but does seem on the surface that may have been better in hindsight? Less playing to RH's silly games anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                Would it have been better not make the point to the court about RH's fictitious discontinuation, and just let it go ahead with an attended hearing anyway?

Appreciate QOH etc may not have wanted that and/or maybe reasons why not, but does seem on the surface that may have been better in hindsight? Less playing to RH's silly games anyway.
                As frustrating as it is QoH's was probably under an obligation to inform the court of the discontinuance e-mail. If she hadn't and it was subsequently produced by BPS to the court it wouldn't look good.

If it had been me personally I would have considered not informing the court. I often subscribe to the view that if your foe crawled out of the sewer (as RH has), the gutter is where you need to fight them. But when we're in a position where we're guiding others we've got a duty to advise doing the right thing.

Comment

As I thought basically then. Rightly or wrongly think I of me I would have at least made sure there was a hearing I could attend.
                  Last edited by Nibbler; 7th May 2015, 06:06:AM.

Comment

We had considered it.........A LOT! However, the logistics of getting QoH's to court with her disabilities was also a major factor in the decision.

We played it by the book and used RH's abuse of process to our advantage with the court too, whether it influenced the Judge we won't know until she receives the order.

Her story is one of those covered by the Mail on Sunday and we did some photographs outside the court yesterday , the weather was foul so I'm not sure if anything will be useable but look out for the story this weekend.
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Got the order on this now.... the court accepted the Richard had discontinued and he gets to toddle off scott free for having put QoH through the bloody mill since October. Can really understand why people do take matters into their own hands sometimes.
                      Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sadly no costs either after all the hard work put into this and all the stress, he's laffin his bloody balls off when to be fair they should be cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                          Sadly no costs either after all the hard work put into this and all the stress, he's laffin his bloody balls off when to be fair they should be cut off.
                          Remeber the saying........ He who laughs last laughs longest. RH has/is pushing the limits to the boundaries. it can only be a matter of time before he comes down to earth with a bump.
                          If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X