• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** WON *** MAGOO v BPS - court date is 5th June 2015 *** WON **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *** MAGOO v BPS - court date is 5th June 2015 - WS in - do SKELS

It's okay Karen, don't panic and let it get on top of you. There is more than enough in your witness statement and the skeleton just helps bring the important points to the Judges attention, the hope, and what has happened so far, is the paperwrok has really decided the Judge before the hearing - so there should be very minimal discussion. I very much doubt Richard will turn up - He only went to Cambridge as it's relatively close to London, so it is most likely just to be you and an already decided Judge.

I'll pop the statement into a word doc for you then yes you can post it tomorrow - just 1st class is fine - to Richard Howard - and to the Court - you can also email a copy to the Court - direct to Bristol. You could do with giving them a call anyway to see if they have heard from the Claimant at all so check with them then what email to send the skeleton argument to.

The main point in your case is that you DID NOT agree to a contract as you clicked off the site before making payment - I'll add in the exhibit of the payment page.
    If the judge disagrees with that then you told UKS&S you were cancelling BEFORE they made any appointment for you - NO SERVICES WERE DELIVERED BEFORE YOU CANCELLED.

The dates of emails etc are minor really, and only relevant if the judge disagrees with the no contract argument. It might help get things straight in your head if you write a list of emails and dates as you remember them - you do have quite a few of them so print those out, put them in date order and do yourself a list, with a short note on what you remember it said if you don't have a copy.... just for your own reference to take with you to refer to if needed.

You have done great so far - and you are so close.#

I'll post the word doc for your final edits later this evening xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just popping the HiPay page here so I can find it.
      Attached Files
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

PDF version
        Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you so much for all your help and guidance, couldn't have got this far without you.
          x

Comment

Re: ** WON *** MAGOO v BPS - court date is 5th June 2015 *** WON **

The case was dismissed on the grounds that the website is misleading, I did not receive any of the services charged for and that they made an appointment after I told them to cancel and I did not need an appointment and when they made the appointment it was in the wrong name. He did not turn up at court today.

Good result and good luck to all of you going to court.
            x

Comment

Great result.

Comment

Superb Well done.

I'll move you to the Winners box at the top of this forum
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                  The case was dismissed on the grounds that the website is misleading, I did not receive any of the services charged for and that they made an appointment after I told them to cancel and I did not need an appointment and when they made the appointment it was in the wrong name. He did not turn up at court today.

Good result and good luck to all of you going to court.
                  x
                  Excellent, well done.

Comment

I have today received a text from BPS saying "Our system has detected that you do not wish to receive any further emails from us. This is your choice however it does not end the issue. You still owe us £197.60 and so we need to continue to contact you via phone, text and letter until the payment is received in full" I can't believe this man?? I have not replied as really mad at the moment. What do you think I should do now?

Comment

Just ignore it xx It will be automated.

Let us know when you get your judgment in writing from the court - we can write to him with that and ask him to remove all your details from his system then.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay thanks.

Comment

Hi, I haven't had anything back from the court yet. Does it take weeks?

Comment

It can take a week or 2 but I'd give the court a call.

Comment

Okay I will, thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X