• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

www.checkmybenefits.co.uk Con? Scam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: www.checkmybenefits.co.uk Con? Scam?

Justice for All is an umbrella campaign made up of charities, legal and advice agencies and members of the public. As such, they don't have to register as a company or a charity, as long as they make clear what they are doing to members of the public.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 17:53:44 +0100 [04:53:44 PM UTC]
      To: admin@legalbeagles.info
      Subject: Thread on your website

Good Evening,

I have noticed I am now on a thread on your site regarding checkmybenefits.co.uk

We do have a team ready for business and we did think the idea up after our funding was cut at various non for profit organisations. Saying that, the site was put up too soon and plugged on a number of websites by someone and it should not have been. The terms and conditions were not ready and the fee too high. We do not have any links with the CAB and do not claim to, and any inference that we do is purely accidental and co-incidental. We apologise if anyone thinks this was the case.

That being said, we had a poor response to the website being put up anyway. We have not done any business at all as of yet, and as soon as we received negative feedback we took the site down. The site will not be going back up, and we do not intend to pursue this business.

Apologies to anyone and everyone and I hope you can see the genuine mistake in this.

Thanks.
      Last edited by Celestine; 9th May 2012, 22:49:PM.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Well, I guess that was an incredibly swift and satisfying result.

Following my complaint to them on their website feedback form at 10.03pm on 7/5/12, their site was down by 11pm.

I hope the deluge of complaints they received, garnered this successful resolution to a gut wrenching new industry sector. I think everyones reaction was total horror and shock that such an industry could even exist. ATOS and the government have a lot to be guilty of for that fact.

80% of people fail the DLA ATOS assessments.

Of those 80% who appeal, 80% are successful and have benefits and back payments reinstated. ATOS get paid. I believe £500 for every candidate they kick off DLA, yet don't have to repay it if that claimant later successfully appeals their original decision. So we have created an ineffective layer of well paid extra bureaucracy which makes the system more complex and daunting. That is the single most significant factor contributing to the establishment of this new claims industry.

The response received above at least demonstrates that they regret this fiasco.

Now lets see if we can deal with the other one:

www.mybenefitschecker.co.uk
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

It seems they have very much and very quickly learned their mistake trying to set up this business and hats off to all on here who contributed to that decision.
          It's just a pity the MOJ and other financial regulators are not as quick on the ball to see potential rips offs and indeed to deal with rip offs that have been going on for years.
          Enaid x

Comment

Do we know, or can we find out, if the person who sent this e mail is called Daniel?

IF he is, he is sending mixed messages on different sites. On AAD a Daniel has very nobly confessed to being the ebb designer and to having taken the site down. There is nothing on there about having a team in place and deciding not to go ahead with the business. To me it reads OTR as though the person who took the site down was an innocent victim and just the website developer caught up inadvertently in something unpleasant.

I think over something this serious, any potential loose ends should be cleared up. Obviously only my point of view, and yes I'm very suspicious and cynical about these things. :beagle:

Comment

Yes it is Daniel I'm communicating with. I emailed him back last night and he has sent me two responses overnight.
              He sounds pretty shaken by the experience and has absolutely no plans to pursue such a business.

He has explained that one of his colleagues, copied and pasted mybenefitschecker T&C's for use on their website, hence the typos and the odd mention of mybenefitschecker on the checkmybenefits website.

I think we can rule Daniel out as a master scammer!

Hence, I am removing his personal details and address from LB andy have advised him to update his whois swiftly.

Comment

Thank you. was he just the web developer, was he the sole person with the business idea or are there others who still may reappear? Or don't we know?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X