• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Entitlements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitlements

hi everyone. my partner and i will have earnt no more than 21k between us this financial year, and have a 7 months old baby. she's due to go back to work from maternity leave next month but with child care costs of around 500quid a month along with previous debts and essential bills to pay off we're being hit hard in the pocket. we already claim the little child tax we're entitled to but according to HMRC we're not due anymore. can anyone advise?
    Tags: None

Re: Entitlements

Hiya,

Try going through this benefits checker - its very good Benefits adviser service : Directgov - Do it online

You should get additional tax credits to cover I think 70% of the costs of childcare. It depends so much on what your partner will be earning when she returns to work.

I'd go through that benefits calculator first and come back with any queries on what that brings up.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi there

That is a very useful link posted by Amethyst.

You may also find the one posted below handy to, its an entitlement checker for any benefits, good luck.
      http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

Benefits Search

You, like many people, may be missing out on financial help that you are entitled to through welfare benefits. This easy-to-use checker may be of help to you if you are unemployed and looking for work, on a low income, retired, bringing up children, ill, have a disability or care for someone.

Comment

Can no one help us?????????? we are desperate, surely we can get more help? work now says partner can not return as she cant work staurdays and she signed agreeing to hours. that was before they told her she had to work every saturday. she told them she could work every other and they have told her she cant return to work then?????? what can we do now any help anyone ???/

Comment

Have you taken Amy's advice yet? If not, then you need to. Once you've done that you will be in a position to give us a clearer picture.

As regards the issue of her return to work what does she do? There is a vast amount of employment law surrounding this area and employers have very clear obligations to "returning mum's."

Do what Amy said, then tell us a bit more about what your partner does and we will be better placed to help you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X