• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

More refund received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More refund received

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to post about a PPI complaint which I put in back early 2012. I received a lot of support from this forum. My complaint was upheld and I received my refund. Only to get another letter this morning to say they have conducted additional reviews into the complaints they investigate and the had made a mistake when the calculated my refund.
    Even though this is an estimate as they only retain records for six year they have sent me an extra 3k.:tinysmile_grin_t:
    Tags: None

Re: More refund received

Are they asking you to repay it?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol, - you mean they'd underestimated and they've sent you an extra £3k on top !

Excellent.

What company was it?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Wow!

(Thought you were having a moment there Ame!)

Another 3k in the pocket, very nice

Comment

I have lots of moments, it's my age
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ah ha, was Barclays - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...416#post431416

Marvellous

Wonder if many others have extra refunds coming then.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4965679 another one

and another - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4317561

''It emerged in July last year that an office in Leeds had been working to different rules from another four sites that Barclays had created to handle PPI compensation claims.

The Leeds case handlers were automatically compensating people who had bought PPI for their Barclaycard over the phone instead of deciding each case on its merits.

A whistleblower said: ‘When managers found out about this, they told us, “This has happened, let’s move forward”.’

Case handlers worked from an online manual which was updated across all five sites in April 2013.

But a technical failure meant the new version did not fully upload for the Leeds workers.''

A spokesman for the Financial Conduct Authority said of Barclays’ PPI-handling operations: ‘We are very closely working with their teams and understand how they are handling complaints.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz318AOeX00
              Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hey Ame, as requested attached.....

okayyyy.... don't think that worked....can u guide me how to send an attachment.... I went to advance setting and uploaded the attachment and nothing happened lol....
                Not a computer wiz!!!!

Comment

WOW fantastic! and a lovely surprise for you, Congratulations! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Letter from Barclays attached
                    Attached Files
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

And for those of us too lazy to open and read a PDF

Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I wonder if you have the original refund letter with the original calculations on for comparison ?

Is it solely the £1702 interest & charges due to PPI plus the 8% on that element that has given the additional amount ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for this, other half took a call call from Barclay's last week when I wasn't here & they said they would ring back - hope it's to do with this issue
                          TY

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X