• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Long term plans for protection after cancelled/reclaimed PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long term plans for protection after cancelled/reclaimed PPI

Does any one have any thoughts / concerns about the possible knock on effects of not having any protection in place to help with debt and loan and mortgage payments in this era of cancelling everything for a refund.

Many policies were mis sold and it is quite correct people who have been paying it for years when it wouldn't ever cover them in the event of illness/unemployment should be refunded/compensated.

But should we have something in place instead ? Are many people finding that after they have cancelled and got a refund, they regret it as it would have paid out in the circumstances they are in? Or is it a non problem?

What protection should people have to cover loan payments/Mortgages etc in the event life takes a turn for the worse?

I don't know much about insurances, theres things like income protection, critical illness etc, but I think they have similar issues with low chance of them actually helping in event of illness/unemployment.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Long term plans for protection after cancelled/reclaimed PPI

http://www.which.co.uk/money/insuran...me-protection/
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Expect in few years time to read cases of people without any PPI type protection having problems when they are ill redundant or even dead There is a case that all insurance not legally required id not needed or wanted until problems arise .

Comment

Good point Ame

However. the majority of people getting refunds are those that were misold but are now timed out anyway...as usually the ones the bank's sold were only for 5 years...but paid for over the whole term of the loan

Comment

Yes very good point made, and yes always still best to be protected, and there are some covers out there to suit all your requirements.
          When myself and hubby reclaimed, he taken out optional stand alone protection elsewhere to cover his needs, despite also having work cover as well, but they are about :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X