• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

On line bills proof of address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On line bills proof of address

Tags: None

Re: On line bills proof of address

You have answered your own question - Yes.

Interesting question though, given that online documents are so easily faked.

Comment

Re: On line bills proof of address

I have found a few times that online bills don't get accepted so use Water, Council Tax and Tax Credits (as they are the only things in hard copy still, rest is online) , along with passport and driving licence. It's also hard finding these quarterly/annual type bills that are under 3 months old, but luckily I'm quite bad a remembering to pay so usually have a couple of Red letters I can use.

I've pasted Santander's list below, note that they keep on about not internet printed, but want you to send clear black and white copies, which I'd say is as bad as an internet print out in terms of fraud. You can often get PDF copies of the actual bill that would have been posted if you didn't use online accounting for things like electric etc, so I'd suggest they are as valid as a photocopy of a hardcopy bill.
      Personal Identity

You need to send us a clear black and white photocopy of 2 separate documents; one from List 1; a different document from List 2.

Photocopies must contain your photograph, reference details, transactions and any current UK entry or residence visas where applicable.

List 1

Valid Passport
      Valid UK Photo card Driving Licence
      Valid UK old style Driving Licence (not provisional)
      EEA or Switzerland National Identity Card
      Northern Ireland Voters Card
      UK issued identity card
      Entitlement to State / Local Authority benefit**
      Entitlement to Tax Credit**
      Entitlement to pension from the DWP
      Entitlement to educational grant / loan**
      Entitlement to other government / Local Authority grant**
      HMRC (IR) coding / assessment / statement / Tax Credit**
      Birth Certificate (under 18's only)
      NHS Medical Card (under 18's only)
      Adoption certificate (under 18's only)
      Young persons PASS card (under 18's only)

List 2

Valid Passport
      Valid UK Photocard Driving Licence
      Valid UK old style Driving Licence (not provisional)
      EEA or Switzerland National Identity Card
      Northern Ireland Voters Card
      UK issued identity card
      Entitlement to State / Local Authority benefit*
      Entitlement to Tax Credit**
      Entitlement to pension from the DWP
      Entitlement to educational grant / loan**
      Entitlement to other government / Local Authority grant**
      HMRC (IR) coding / assessment / statement / Tax Credit**
      Instrument of a court appointment eg: Probate, Court Registered POA
      Council Tax bill / demand letter**
      Bank statement (not internet printed)*
      Credit card statement (not internet printed)*
      Utility bill (not mobile phone, satellite / cable TV or internet printed bills)*
      Local council rent card or tenancy agreement**
      Pension / benefit correspondence from DWP**
      HMRC (IR) correspondence including name, address and permanent NI number
      Confirmation from work / school / college / university / care institution (students and under 18s only)*
      UCAS letter (students only)*
      Birth Certificate (under 18's only)
      NHS Medical Card (under 18's only)
      Adoption certificate (under 18's only)
      Young persons PASS card (under 18's only)

* Must be under 3 months old

** Must be under 12 months old

We are dealing with a lot of scammers who seem to open and close bank accounts at will and looking into whether they comply with money laundering regulations on account opening, so although it is a pain in the bum sometimes, I am a bit on the side of original hard copies and photo ID.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X