• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capital one complaint upheld but......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital one complaint upheld but......

Originally posted by DAISYC3CJS View Post
    I am just wondering if I were successful in one Bank of Scotland PPI case that is not on my Debt Management Programme, would they be able to offset this against one that is on the programme?
    Offsetting has to do with there being an outstanding balance on your account, not being on a DMP. If you owe money on the account you are reclaiming PPI on, any redress is likely to be applied towards the balance rather than paid out to you, although there are exceptions when debts have been assigned in absolute (sold) to a DCA. :grin:

Comment

Ok, so I won't get to excited yet as the the PPI refund will no doubt go to reduce the amount I owe which is on a DMP - still wondering why they sent me two forms though, I've not sent the second back yet though.

Daisy

Comment

Ok, so I won't get to excited yet as the the PPI refund will no doubt go to reduce the amount I owe which is on a DMP - still wondering why they sent me two forms though, I've not sent the second back yet though.

Daisy
        Did you have more than one account?

If the account has been sold, then the PPI redress *could* be paid to you, otherwise it will go towards reducing the balance. As you are paying this debt through your DMP, it WILL make a difference to the amount you have left to pay so why not go for it. :thumb:

Comment

Hi, no I only have the one account with Capital One and it hasn't been sold on, yes it is being paid through a DMP. However, the point I was trying to make was that they have sent me two acceptance forms, the second one arriving a few days after I had already returned the first one. Both showing identical figures and the letter was identical. Therefore, should I send this back also or just wait and see what happens

Daisy

Comment

Hi, no I only have the one account with Capital One and it hasn't been sold on, yes it is being paid through a DMP. However, the point I was trying to make was that they have sent me two acceptance forms, the second one arriving a few days after I had already returned the first one. Both showing identical figures and the letter was identical. Therefore, should I send this back also or just wait and see what happens

Daisy
            Sounds like an admin error on their part, sending out duplicate forms. If it was me, I'd probably send both back just in case.

Comment

OK many thanks will do, maybe I'll get paid twice

Comment

OK many thanks will do, maybe I'll get paid twice

Comment

Canada Square Operations/CitiGroup/EGG, sent me two acceptance forms, I signed both and then they backed out of the settlement...
                  Two forms means nothing other than the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing!

Comment

Blimey I didn't think they could back out of it, that's disgusting. OK so I'll get the other form sent off tomorrow and keep everything crossed. Hope your claim gets sorted, you are telling me the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. How they managed to become banks in the first instance is beyond me!

Comment

Blimey I didn't think they could back out of it, that's disgusting. OK so I'll get the other form sent off tomorrow and keep everything crossed. Hope your claim gets sorted, you are telling me the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. How they managed to become banks in the first instance is beyond me!
                      Ah, but that's sooo typical of the banking industry! I used to work in the financial $ector (although not in UK retail banking) and I always used to say "that would make sense, but we don't want that happening round here". msl: msl:

As an example, speaking of bad Eggs, I have an Egg card I've not paid for nearly 4 years. It was always an online only card with no paper statements and the last address they had was a place I sold in 2004, but I kept the DD going till 2009. At that time Egg was owned by Citi (hence the Canada Square connection, that's where Citi London HQ are based) and I wrote to Citi with my address to get a new debit card for my current account. The Egg portfolio was sold to Barclays in 2011 when I got a generic email asking me to continue making payments as usual, which I did, I was paying £0.00/pcm and I continued doing so. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had accounts with Barclays since 2008, yet I've never heard a peep about the bad Egg...

...and the SBd clock is ticking away... :clock: :clock: :clock:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X