• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

stevokenevo V LTSB Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevokenevo V LTSB Insurance

Sent off letter on 20th December requesting refund of PPI paid on loan.

Received final response 14th January stating as my loan was taken out on 2nd July 2001, my claim was outwith the 6 years prescribed claim limit. The letter informs me of FOS guidelines for investigating claims, infering the FOS would not entertain my claim, and as such LTSB will not investigate my claim any further.

I believe i have 3 years from i became aware (or ought reasonably to have become aware) (i became aware i was missold in december 2007) to issue a claim.

I have also been informed by a reliable source, that as long as i have been paying the PPI in the last 6 years then i am also within my rights to claim.

Update to follow

Re: stevokenevo V LTSB Insurance

Update -

Received response form LTSB telling me as i took out the loan and PPI in july 01, it was outside the 6 years limit and as they reckoned the FSA wouldnt touch it, then they were not going to bother investigating my claim any further.

I have sent them a response to their final response informing them that i believed as i had been paying the PPI up till July 04 this qualified my claim as being within the time limitation

It is unbelievable, but i have the letters to prove it, i took the loan out on 2nd July 01, and sent off a SAR to them for all info on 3rd July 07. how is that for a wierd coincidence?

The reason i didnt get round to pursuing the PPI claim before was i was in the process of claiming back charges which had been applied to the loan account.

Anyway, ive sent off my response and have received acknowledgment saying they will respond by 3rd march.

Comment

Thought i would look at resurrecting this, ive heard a few people mention on their thread pursuing older policies, so, any advice on where to start?

:typing:

Comment

little hope - pre fsa

Comment

is it really that grim?

The reason i ask, our local radio station has CMC's advertising if you have had a loan in the last 10 years blah blah blah.

I admit to not being up to speed but why are they claiming this if it is a lost cause?

Comment

:attention:

Comment

Hi Stevo,

Don't know if it's of any help at all, but last year (pre-judicial review of course) I received PPI refunds on several LTSB loans. Two of these dated from 2000 and 2001 (both were settled in full in 2002). I originally contacted LTSB regarding these loans in mid 2009 and the bank found all manner of reasons to refuse to deal with my complaints. Eventually I passed my complaints to the FOS and with their assistance was refunded by LTSB. It took a while and would obviously take even longer now, but I did get the result I hoped for in the end. I'm currently at the 'awaiting an adjudicator' stage at the FOS on an even earlier LTSB loan - one that was repaid during the 1990s

Nellie x

Comment

thanks, that might be all the encouragement i need ( or im going to get )

Comment

Originally posted by stevokenevo View Post
                  thanks, that might be all the encouragement i need ( or im going to get )

You're welcome! It's definitely worth pursuing, although there now seems to be a difference of opinion as to whether the FOS is a route worth going down in the light of the JR, but they always did take a long time so I would still go for it - personally I'm too chicken when it comes to the court route, but some people prefer to go that way

Comment

Steve,

I have just had a pay out on 9 PPI policies taken out from March 1999 to august 2007, it took me 2.5 yrs but the battle was because of the early ones as they were intent in stonewalling me.

But as I was steadfast and kept hassling them for info they did cave in eventually.

So it is not impossible and certainly worth a go.

Just keep on at them and question ever bit of info they sent you, then you will see the cracks open.
                    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Hi Steve

Go for it mate, I was the same, but these guys have also helped along the way.
                      Keep at them and we will stick together and all help each other on this.

Meanwhile good luck.

Comment

some great encouraging posts for old stevo,keep on pushing through mate we,ve all had the same here and look at p.f 9 policies what about that for a draw and it just goes to prove if you keep pushing and pushing something comes along,the bank wants you to give up don,t give em the satisfaction i say, di look at her pushing through her claims,excellent stuff, the law is on our side, i,ve been pushing along with mine for 3 years now, ones with the fos the other 5 inc 3 stuck in the j.r review are with the cmc just keep pushing mate until you can push no more,what have you got to lose,potentionally a lot of money if you stop.

Comment

Yep----theres loads of settlements around on PPI re pre 6 years

Its not like bank charges ---- PPi claims have (many times) been successful even 10 years ago as has been posted----and I have been involved in several of them (together with the Gorilla)

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                            Yep----theres loads of settlements around on PPI re pre 6 years

Its not like bank charges ---- PPi claims have (many times) been successful even 10 years ago as has been posted----and I have been involved in several of them (together with the Gorilla)
                            nice post turbo

Comment

I have been unable to progress this as i am not sure where to start, do i go back to LTSB, or do i go to FOS?

cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X