• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Belmont Thornton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belmont Thornton

I am in the process of using Belmont Thornton for my PPi claim. I wish I had done an online search of their credentials before signing the forms they sent me as I haven't found one good review, however I am sure if I checked other companies who claim back ppi I would find bad reviews about them too. For a start I did all the leg work myself and was in the process of writing letters to the companies I had been mis-sold ppi by, however I am doing a doctorate and didn't really have the time to be chasing it so decided to get a company to do it for me. Now I have read all these bad reviews I am wondering what I have got myself into.

The loans.co.uk case got started straight away, however the beech finance case took a further 2 weeks as they told me the company was no longer trading, however this isn't and wasn't true as I spoke to beech finance on the phone, I told Belmont this and gave them beech finances phone number FSA number and told them to ring, they did and started the case. Then I get a call saying if the companies don't settle within 8 weeks they will contact the Ombudsman and could I answer some questions for their forms, I did so. Anyway today I get two forms through post one for Beech and one for Loans.co.uk which the questions I answered over phone for me to sign for the Ombudsman even though there are still 2 months left before the deadline for settlement, the answers on the forms are completely fictitious, I never said what they have written. To add to it the answers go off the page so they are incomplete sentences. I am about to ring Belmont to complain at their lack of professionalism and integrity. No professional body should be making up their own answers to questions which contradict my original application to the companies. If the Ombudsman were to get these forms and put them side by side the original documents they wouldn't match up.

My question is can I get out of the contract with Belmont and carry it on myself due to their incompetence or now I the cases are undergoing do I have to stick with them. I was thinking of asking Belmont for the application forms to be emailed to me for the Ombudsman and fill them out myself and send back to them so at least I know they are done right. Considering I wanted a company to do this for me because I was busy with Doctorate I am not doing it anyway but will have to pay them 25% plus VAT and hopefully no hidden costs.
    Tags: None

Re: Belmont Thornton

Hi and welcome!

It's a shame you didn't find us before you found them, because LB has an excellent PPI team :first: and there's nothing to pay.

From what you say above, no compensation has yet been awarded, which has to be good news, because on their T&C Belmont Thornton say the following: http://www.belmontthornton.com/terms-of-engagement.aspx

As they seem to have done little more than write a few letters, the 'reasonable expenses' are likely to be much lower than 25% of any compensation you may receive. :thumb:

Comment

Hi FP and Gaz
      From my experience with these CMC's they will charge an arm and a leg for writing a few lousy letters. I have known people to have been charged more than they could possibly get back. However, please contact Belmont Thornton by either email or post and ask them if you were to cancel the contract what would they charge you and keep this all in writing - so there can be no disputes later and don't forget they will more than likely add VAT which is currently at 20%.
      Let us know how you get on....

Comment

Hi Guys and thanks for replying...

I am a Psychologist by trade these days so see right through Belmont's crap. I just called and spoke to them and they assure me that any mistakes on the forms they just sent me are obviously crossed wires and not at all due to incompetence (we know different). Now I am tied in with them I have decided to hold their hands and call them once weekly just to make sure they don't screw up. I also asked the young lady on the phone to send me all the forms again but this time blank so I can fill them out myself, that way I know it's done right and if its not then there is no-one else to blame but myself.

I would cancel with them but unfortunately the cancellation fee is £85 plus VAT and then you have to pay them for the hours they put in so far which is charged at £120 an hour I believe. I would just rather they crack on other wise it will become another headache. Beech finance are playing hardball saying they have no paperwork and Belmont know what they are doing with their ready made tick box forms, so that's a plus. I am just going to go with it and hope they get me a pay out. As for their fees its 25% plus VAT on that 25% of 20% so really you are handing them a third of your payout. However I have always said I would much rather have 70% of something then 0% of nothing.

I have read nothing but bad reviews about them and told them so but as a Psychologist people who are angry will take the time to write and tell everyone but people who are happy usually stay quiet because they are in a good place. So for every bad story you will get one good story. I believe Belmont have claimed back 52 million for people which puts them in the top percentage of companies who claim back PPi.

Trust me I trust none of these companies and wish I had done it myself because I only got Belmont to do it on my behalf because I was busy with Doctorate and now I am still doing loads, sods law.

Comment

Hi Gaz
          As you have decided to stay with them, then please do keep an eye on them as knowing these CMC's as i do, you have to watch them.

We have had hundreds of members who have come unstuck and lost lots of money to these type of companies and as I said already I knew that would put in a wacking huge bill for the work. Don't forget when you do receive a settlement whatever the percentage you agreed to they will add to that VAT, so please ensure that you have allowed for that and also if the settlement is going to reach their minimum commission as otherwise they will come after you for the money.

Comment

£120 an hr.. try asking them for evidence of any claims they have dealt with themselves, you wont get anything from them, as they have nothing, it is all done by the ombudsman; all bt do is forward your docs to the ombudsman.

Comment

Watch this mornings Don't Get Done Get Dom ...... big bit about the issues with Belmont Thornton and other PPI co's coming back years later wanting a cut....
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

didnt see the thing on telly.
                i was taken to court, i wrote a letter to court saying i will never pay belmont thornton or any assosiated costs including court costs.
                they put it to trial for july;
                i was surprised last week with a letter saying belmont thornton had dropped the case.
                bet it was because of the telly thing.
                wish i had seen it.
                thanks for the info.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X