• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse PPI reclaim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Horse PPI reclaim

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
    Hi d1anne---my fault--got too many balls in the air at once and juggling them

We will debate this Sat/Sun--I am treating the refunds separately-Bill has treated them as consolidations as per FSA Handbook--we'll compare notes over weekend and post by Sun evening after we discuss over Skype between ourselves--sorry for delay
    No Probs Turbo, I am NO expert as you know but i would think that the workings would have to show consolidations as one loan paid off the other etc and going by the info i have received fro BH that seems to be the way they have looked at things, so I think id need to show the new workings in this way when i am disputting there offer. I just feel that as i reveived there offer letter on 18th December, I should be looking at replying to them ASAP, i cant of course with out your help ( as I dont understand the workings myself !!!!! )

As always help would be appreciated.

Comment

D1anne, you could always respond to the bank saying that you are in the process of reviewing their calculations and you will respond in the next 14 days. They cannot push you to take an offer when you need to verify that the figures that they have quoted are correct first.

Comment

Got it--trawled through "Thanks" in my profile--lol--not sure if it is helps--but I knew davb had posted the link I wanted re calculating Settlements using the new regulations just before it (post 311) http://www.financecalcs.co.uk/Calcs/Settlement.php

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...892#post277892

Cant find my mamoth post on a thread re Settlements + Davyb link (around July-August)--anybody remember?--the Search mechanism is shot-imo
        Last edited by Turboman; 4th January 2013, 14:58:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Got it--trawled through "Thanks" in my profile--lol--not sure if it is helps--but I knew davb had posted the link I wanted re calculating Settlements using the new regulations just before it (post 311) http://www.financecalcs.co.uk/Calcs/Settlement.php

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...892#post277892
          Have just put in the figures fro my loan 1 for 2k, not sure what its telling me tho........lol told you i didnt understand these things......lol

Comment

Hi d1anne---my fault--got too many balls in the air at once and juggling them

We will debate this Sat/Sun--I am treating the refunds separately-Bill has treated them as consolidations as per FSA Handbook--we'll compare notes over weekend and post by Sun evening after we discuss over Skype between ourselves--sorry for delay
            Any news on this Turbo ??

Comment

Hi--was just looking for the paperwork in my shelves to start again

Will work on it today--(had a load of personal stuff I'm afraid)

If I can't reconcile any of their figures now I've found my links re the Settlement Calculator etc---then we'll draft a note (not being specific re figures) but requesting more information on how their figures are calculated and quoting the relevant FSA directive which states you must be given the detailed information re redress in an understandable format--and asking them to set it out as Appendix 2 of the FSA handbook

Promise to post today--no excuses--

Comment

I can't reconcile anything at all D1anne with stuff in your early post from Black Horse---we will have to go for a request for more explanation--I've asked Bill if he will be good enough to start the the draft as he can remember the "disp" references--lol

Then you can take it from there and submit it if we are all happy

Turbs

Comment

I can't reconcile anything at all D1anne with stuff in your early post from Black Horse---we will have to go for a request for more explanation--I've asked Bill if he will be good enough to start the the draft as he can remember the "disp" references--lol

Then you can take it from there and submit it if we are all happy

Turbs
                  Ok Turbs, thanks anyway, I will await Bills response and then move on from there, Bill had worked out some figures and put them in an earlier post but there was nothing there to show how he arrived at these figures, had there been I could have used these and drafted up a reply to black horse. Ill see what he comes back with......

Comment

To be frank D1Anne---I'm floundering with this Consolidated Loans theory--which Bill also tells me is not explained properly anyway in the FSA Handbook Appendix 2-Example 8

Comment

I hope this might serve as a basis for a response, D1anne. Chop and change as required, but we need to get some more detail from them without declaring our hand as yet. No need for specific figures from us at this stage.

Dear

Ref: Mis-Sold PPI Policy. Account No. XXXX

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, offering £xxxx.xx in response to my complaint about Mis-sold PPI.

Although the letter showed the different amounts, there was no explanation of how these amounts were calculated, and I have had to take further advice on this in order to make an informed decision as to whether to accept the offer. I do not consider that this offer has been made in compliance with the FSA’s Dispute Resolution Handbook in Policy Statement PS 10/12. DISP APP 3.9.4 states: "The firm should make any offer of redress to the complainant in a fair and balanced way. In particular, the firm should explain clearly to the complainant the basis for the redress offered including how any compensation is calculated and, where relevant, the rescheduling of the loan, and the consequences of accepting the offer of redress."

There was no such explanation supplied with the offer, and it is therefore not deemed to have been properly made in compliance with the FSA rules. Please, therefore, will you supply the required detail in order for me to make an informed decision. In particular, I require CLEAR explanations of the various settlement figures shown in the closing statements, and how they have been incorporated into the calculations.

I also require CLEAR evidence that DISP APP 3.2.7 has been understood and followed. This states that: "The firm should consider all of its sales of payment protection contracts to the complainant in respect of re-financed loans that were rolled up into the loan covered by the payment protection contract that is the subject of the complaint. The firm should consider the cumulative financial impact on the complainant of any previous breaches or failings in those sales."

The mechanics of this are shown in PS 10/12 Appendix 2, Example 8. My calculations, when made using this method, show that your offer is far below that to which I am entitled. I require your confirmation that you have understood AND implemented the above example method, and a set of calculations which bear this out. I am just an ordinary person seeking redress, but you are an international bank. I expect an intelligent, coherent, and sincere response.

I thus look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Yours sincerely

Comment

what a fantastic letter bill

Comment

You're very kind, sir. I hope it does the trick. We may well find this to be a problem which needs addressing regularly in the future, so a good template might be worth working on.

As Turbo says, the FSA rules are a dog's dinner, and the consolidation loan calcs are not even understood by the banks. I have numerous c@rp from LTSB's CEO's office confirming this. It's the blind leading the stupid.
                          Last edited by Bill-K; 7th January 2013, 21:08:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                            You're very kind, sir. I hope it does the trick. We may well find this to be a problem which needs addressing regularly in the future, so a good template might be worth working on.

As Turbo says, the FSA rules are a dog's dinner, and the consolidation loan calcs are not even understood by the banks. I have numerous c@rp from LTSB's CEO's office confirming this. It's the blind leading the stupid.
                            Brilliant Bill, Ill get this copied and sorted tomorrow and mailed ( registered ) to BH an await there response, Ill post back when I hear back from them.

Comment

You might want to copy it to the CEO's office, D1anne. maybe getting the same thing from enough peeps might make them take some notice. I'm considering reporting them the the FSA to see if that makes any difference.

Comment

Somehow I doubt it Bill that the person who worked out the figures did not have a clue - Just seen this post http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...x-calculations he says he works for a bank and is going to do PPI claims but he has not got a clue and thought 8% was correct.....I know you will sort him out hun. CEO is a great idea perhaps the CEO should recognise that the staff need proper training.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X