• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Will we all get our money back now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we all get our money back now

Hi all
    Seems we may stand a chance of getting our money back at last with the anouncement that the Banks will have to write to their customers about mis sold PPI they should just settle all backlog of claims first though surely
    Tags: None

Re: Will we all get our money back now

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
    Hi all
    Seems we may stand a chance of getting our money back at last with the anouncement that the Banks will have to write to their customers about mis sold PPI they should just settle all backlog of claims first though surely
    I think they probably will do in the meantime. I am sure that there is a process agreed through the FSA to deal with those claims.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi

Sorry I've not been here earlier, but can see our Leclerc have posted up.

Yes it does hopefully look that way now.

However, the FSA still insist that customers (if they believe they were mis sold) to still write and no wait for a letter.

Comment

Well, I am waiting for letter(s);
        on principal!

Comment

The consumer contact letters (CCLs) certainly won't apply to all customers of all lenders.

The FSA estimates that at most 12m people will get letters - a fraction of the total number of PPI policies sold. Of course this hasn't stopped CAG falsely and recklessly raising the hopes of their members by telling them that ''Banks MUST write to ALL customers that had PPI offering Refunds'' and that, somehow, s32 of the Limitations Act applies to complaints handling rules which is completely factually incorrect.

Banks MUST write to ALL customers that had PPI offering Refunds - FSA 6th-March

The FSA have issued a short consultation paper to decide on:

• What a PPI CCL should contain, and how it should be presented so it is clear, fair and not misleading.
          • How our rules on complaint handling and the time limits on a consumer making a complaint are relevant to PPI CCLs.
          • Some other relevant obligations such as record-keeping

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/static/pubs/guidance/gc12-04.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
            Of course this hasn't stopped CAG falsely and recklessly raising the hopes of their members by telling them that ''Banks MUST write to ALL customers that had PPI offering Refunds'' and that, somehow, s32 of the Limitations Act applies to complaints handling rules which is completely factually incorrect.

Err.... dx100, there isn't a Section 32c of the Limitations Act:

32. Postponement of limitation period in case of fraud, concealment or mistake.Discretionary exclusion of time limit for actions for defamation or malicious falsehood

32A. Discretionary exclusion of time limit for actions for defamation or malicious falsehood.

32A breaks down further, but into 1a,b; 2a,b,c; 3a,b etc...

To which bit of the act is he actually referring?

Comment

hi all ive just got a letter from black horse finance saying after veiwing my case they belive they sold it fairly to me i have 14 days to respond

any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by ricvan1 View Post
                hi all ive just got a letter from black horse finance saying after veiwing my case they belive they sold it fairly to me i have 14 days to respond

any advice?

Hi there and welcome

Did you write to them to complain, or did they automatically write to you?

If you disagree with this, then write back and give them your reasons on why you do and ask them to reconsider.
                Have they given you the opportunity to write back with further information?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  Err.... dx100, there isn't a Section 32c of the Limitations Act:

32. Postponement of limitation period in case of fraud, concealment or mistake.Discretionary exclusion of time limit for actions for defamation or malicious falsehood

32A. Discretionary exclusion of time limit for actions for defamation or malicious falsehood.

32A breaks down further, but into 1a,b; 2a,b,c; 3a,b etc...

To which bit of the act is he actually referring?
                  He means s32 (1) (c).

It's been tried and failed http://online.lightfoots.co.uk/downl...for%20some.pdf

Comment

Will read the legislation again later, as on phone at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                      He means s32 (1) (c).

It's been tried and failed http://online.lightfoots.co.uk/downl...for%20some.pdf
                      Excellent link thank you. That will hugely limit the number of claims which can be made successfully. I fear though, that some people who were sold it as a condition of the loan (often, but not always subprime lenders), may not be able to prove what was said verbally and thus not succeed in their claims because of this judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                        Excellent link thank you. That will hugely limit the number of claims which can be made successfully. I fear though, that some people who were sold it as a condition of the loan (often, but not always subprime lenders), may not be able to prove what was said verbally and thus not succeed in their claims because of this judgment.
                        But surely that is an unreported case?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Hi there and welcome

Did you write to them to complain, or did they automatically write to you?

If you disagree with this, then write back and give them your reasons on why you do and ask them to reconsider.
                          Have they given you the opportunity to write back with further information?

i wrote to them and yes i can write back to them they havent said it was final and also had trouble with capital one they refused saying that i accepted the agreement in a phone call after i had the credit card a month i think.

is this the normal first answer from these guys and waht would u suggest

Comment

Originally posted by ricvan1 View Post
                            i wrote to them and yes i can write back to them they havent said it was final and also had trouble with capital one they refused saying that i accepted the agreement in a phone call after i had the credit card a month i think.

is this the normal first answer from these guys and waht would u suggest

Hiya

I would write back then with any further information you can add to your complaint, tell them you do not agree because................. and want it reconsidered.

In regards of CAP one, ask them to provide you with the concrete evidence of the call, as this was the reason they rejected, and again any further information you can give will help.

Keep at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                              But surely that is an unreported case?
                              It doesn't matter that it's unreported as it gives a clear indication as to how County Courts may respond to PPI claims brought under s32 of the Limitations Act and re-enforces the requirement to prove an allegation of the PPI being sold as conditional to the loan - as Labman rightly points out - when the lender can produce documentary evidence that suggests otherwise.

Attached is another summary of the case which articulates it better than the first.
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X