• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC PPI Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HSBC PPI Claim

Hi
    I have just used the spread sheet to calculate one of my live secured loans, which is for 30,000 and 4,500 added on top for ppi the loan total 34,000 for 240 months, it was taken out in 2005. According to the spread sheet calcultion my loan would be clear as well as 17,000 ppi refund and interset, have i calculated this wright, it seem a lot of money to be refunded.
    Thank you
    gillwall

Comment

Whats the
      • Date of First Payment
      • Total Monthly Premium incl both Advance Cash Loan & PPI SOI Loan
      • Total no of payments made

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      You need to enter "Total no of payments made"----not the duration if finished (ie 240)
      Last edited by Turboman; 18th November 2011, 18:57:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi Turboman

first payment july 2005
        Total monthly premium £309.00
        Total number of payments 75 (£23,175.00)
        Thanks
        gillwall

Comment

Originally posted by gillwall View Post
          Hi Turboman

first payment july 2005
          Total monthly premium £309.00
          Total number of payments 75 (£23,175.00)
          Thanks
          gillwall

Refund £2814 + a reduced balance & reduced montly payment going forward of around £268.70 instead of £309

Do you have the present outstanding balance?

Comment

Hi
            Yes its 37,000
            thanks
            gillwall

Comment

ie

You paid £23,175

PPI element is 13.04% = £ 3022

8% on premiums is extra £797

Make sure you enter A for Active Loans---you agree with my figures now?

Comment

LINES

LINES 22-23 GOT CORRUPTED BUT REVISED BALANCE WOULD BE AROUND 89.95% OF EXISTING BALANCE-£33281

yOU AGREE?

i'LL RECHECK THAT WHEN bILL LOGS ON

Comment

Just an update, l sent a covering letter and questionaire for the claim and after 2 weeks they wrote back saying they are looking into all 3 claims but they didnt recieve the questionaire!!!! Had to do it again and have sent it off, they are saying they have 12 weeks from my first response to reply so the beggining of february at the latest so fingers crossed

Mike

Comment

So frustrating! It seems to be that most are turning to questionnaire's now, ask them if they can still go look into this at an earlier stage as you have been waiting so long now and feel they should have otherwise requested this earlier.

Good luck.

Comment

And still no response, thought they would have wrote saying they had recieved the questionaire at least??? No news is good news l guess?

Comment

Hi Mike

That's what I believe "no news is good news",so hopefully you will hear something hopeful in the post very soon, good luck and thanks for your update x

Comment

Hi Di,

l got a 02 number to contact the complaint department. Spoke to an alright chap there who after giving my details confirmed that they had until 14th february to send a final response. That was fine until he said they had no updates as it hadnt even been looked at yet!! they have had it since November and surely they should be investigating by now?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwesty1 View Post
                            Hi Di,

l got a 02 number to contact the complaint department. Spoke to an alright chap there who after giving my details confirmed that they had until 14th february to send a final response. That was fine until he said they had no updates as it hadnt even been looked at yet!! they have had it since November and surely they should be investigating by now?

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for your update.

They have had more than ample time.

I know the FSA did give them/banks up to 12 weeks for a temp period due to backlogs, so does that bring it up to Feb in your case then?

Comment

Yes he said they had 12 weeks to final response and worked it out and returned to tell me that is the 14th of february as a final response date

Comment

Originally posted by mwesty1 View Post
                                Yes he said they had 12 weeks to final response and worked it out and returned to tell me that is the 14th of february as a final response date

We shall keep a close eye on that then, hopefully though you will receive some news, (hopefully good news) in the post before then.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X