• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming PPI - Barclays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming PPI - Barclays

Hi
    Just wanted some advice if i could claim my ppi back

i claim disability and carers nearly 5yrs ago now barclays asked if i wanted a loan for 6,000.00 pounds i said yes they also added on that 2,800 for ppi they said i needed it to get the cash loan so i agreed.I tried cancelling the ppi for about 2/3 months but with no luck,they just said i couldn't cancel.

can i claim my ppi back.

Thanks

LW
    Tags: None

Re: Claiming PPI - Barclays

Yes 100% but have you got the original paperwork?
    And a complaint about not being able to cancel the PPI cos that is definitely not true.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thanks for your reply

yes i have my loan agreement paperwork
      but sadly no proof i tried to cancel it
      it was done all over the phone i did write it in a letter and 4wks later got a reply back from them still saying no but i didn't keep that letter,i'm hoping they have a copy.

Comment

Hi

It's possible they may still hold the details of the phone call, some companies will provide the recordings free of charge on request, but otherwise though a Subject Access Request (SAR).

Comment

Barclays sent me a questionaire should i fill it in

Thanks

LW

Comment

Originally posted by lickywoo View Post
            Barclays sent me a questionaire should i fill it in

Thanks

LW

Hi

And yes I would.
            This is usually standard now with these reclaim questionnaires, some will accept letter of complaint and others will not.
            Remember to keep a copy for yourself as well in case you need to refer back to this again at some point.

Comment

I sent of my questionnaire plus photo copied it so i got a copy

Barclays sent me a letter saying they should deal with my claim by the
              2nd nov 11

is that normal to take that long with a claim

Comment

I sent of my questionnaire plus photo copied it so i got a copy

Barclays sent me a letter saying they should deal with my claim by the
                2nd nov 11

is that normal to take that long with a claim

Good one.
                As they have backlogs the FSA have given the main of the banks extra time, but I assumed until October the latest, so with cases/complaints made prior to April 2011, 31st August is the deadline and others made after I thought it was October.

Comment

Hi
                  Do they still pay out claims even with no proof of you trying to cancel
                  your ppi

LW

Comment

Hi
                    Do they still pay out claims even with no proof of you trying to cancel
                    your ppi

LW

Hi

Yes they will still pay out claims, it makes no difference.

Comment

With Lloyds it is 16 weeks from date of being sent in. So maybe this date of November is the latest time it will be dealt with which is within the 16 weeks

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      Good one.
                      As they have backlogs the FSA have given the main of the banks extra time, but I assumed until October the latest, so with cases/complaints made prior to April 2011, 31st August is the deadline and others made after I thought it was October.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X